~12~

I remember laughing at something stupid Jimin had said when we were walking through the front door. Whatever it was, it was funny enough that once we had stepped foot in the foyer, both our laughs seemed to echo throughout the whole house. If someone who didn't know us saw us, they would think we were friends, or maybe even more.

      It must have been sometime in the early morning at this point, but I felt invincible. I've been shot at and I killed people from a moving car. Nothing could give me any ounce of fear and my adrenaline was still very high.

       "Sshh.." Jimin shushed, still fighting his contagious giggle. The lights in the house were off, as we stumbled through the dark into what seemed like the living room, and Jimin immediately stopped laughing and froze. I heard the click of his gun as he aimed it somewhere in the darkness, and I froze too, hearing the noise and seeing figures through the darkness.

       A lamp light turned on, and Jimin and I were greeted much like parents greet their children when they are caught sneaking out. Namjoon was sitting spread out on the couch in the center, leaning on his knees. Yoongi, looking stoic as usual was sitting in the chair next to him, legs crossed, but he looked relaxed.

      Jin was sitting on the bay window behind them looking serious, and I almost didn't even notice Taehyung, who was lurking in the shadows by the curtains with his arms crossed, looking so dark he might as well have been a shadow himself.

        "So, the lovely couple came back in one piece after all. I was starting to wonder if either of you would walk back through that door." Namjoon said in a low voice, like he was trying to restrain himself from raising it. Jimin put the hand that was holding his gun over his heart in relief. "Don't scare us like that."

       "A bit jumpier than usual are we?" Jin asked, as his eyes studied me and Jimin. I realized I was standing so close to him our sides were practically touching, and he saw that. I stepped away a little, avoiding his gaze. "Why are we being interrogated?." I said, folding my arms. Were they sitting here this whole time, waiting for us in the dark? Psychopaths.

       "Because. Despite what Jimin has led you to believe, you both left the house when I explicitly said not to." Namjoon said, staring us down with narrowing eyes. Jimin snuck us out? Oh shit.

       "Oh come on Joon, it's not a big deal. You know those races are childsplay for me." Jimin scoffed, but Namjoon didn't budge his expression. "You knew the possible consequences of going to the race and I'm actually baffled that you went anyway. It would be one thing if you went alone, but you took her?" He said, eyes flicking to me.

       He saw that my shirt had been ripped and the white bandage that was peaking through. "And to top it all off, she got hurt?" he asked through gritted teeth.

        "Oh, but you should have seen her. She was amazing, beautifully insane in fact. Come to think of it, that might have been my last race had she not been with me." Jimin said excitedly. All of their eyes were on me as if they couldn't believe their ears.

      "Let me see it, " Jin demanded, already walking towards me. I started to back away, but Jimin's hand blocked me from the back. "Jimin already-"

     "Jimin doesn't have medical training. Let me see it." Jimin nudged me forward when I took a step back and I shot him a glare. Seeing as the two were practically trapping me between them, I lifted my shirt just enough so Jin could see the cut. He started to bend down and squint but then he let out an annoyed huff. "I can't see it in this light, come over here."

       I wondered why he seemed so annoyed. If it's such an inconvenience then why even bother? We walked a little away from everyone else towards the edge of the room, where one of the wall lamps were. I sighed, lifting up my shirt once again.