~2~

Usually, my first thought when waking up in the morning is wondering what kind of pain I would receive. I didn't know what kind of torture was in store for me today, but I hoped they would at least try to be a little more creative with their methods. Though, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they had run out of ideas, considering how long they've kept me here.

I'm almost certain I've been through everything in the book. Electric shock, waterboarding, branding, starvation and dehydration, and those weren't even the worst ones. They even went medieval on my ass and put me on a table and stretched my limbs, and managed to pop my arm out of my socket. Of course, I popped it back in place no problem once I was alone in my cell.

Well, I say alone, but I'm never alone. I was reminded of that when I woke up this morning and heard the light hum of the security camera in the top corner of my room. I call it a cell, but it looks like a room from an insane asylum that you'd see in a horror film.

Pure white walls and floor, and nothing but a bed and a toilet inside. No windows, no way to know whether it was day or night, and I guess that's a form of torture within itself. Though, I had gotten used to it by now. Four years is a long time, and I've learned in my time here that there were far worse things they could do.

Instead of bars there's just a single door that has four locks on it. I only knew there were four because everytime they put me back in here, I always heard four clicks. They wanted to keep the monster locked up tight.

As soon as I blinked my eyes open, I knew it wasn't going to be a normal day, as my cell door was wide open. I stared at it for a minute or two, before my bare, cracked feet acted on their own. I peered outside. It was empty out in the hallway, and oddly quiet. No one was rushing to restrain me, no alarms were blaring, it was strange to say the very least.

I glanced back up at the surveillance camera and I noticed that it didn't seem like it was recording as usual, because the blinking red dot was missing.
I faced forward again, not questioning anything more than I needed to. All I need is a weapon. I thought, as I slowly stepped out in the empty hallway.

I swallowed, walking forward cautiously. I was strong, but I would lose the advantage if anyone snuck up behind me. It would be a lot more work to take someone down if they saw it coming. Where did all those military bastards go?

An annoying part of my mind kept nagging me, Maybe this is some sort of test. A trap. Go back, where it's safe. I shook it off. I was in control. I was the one that was going to make it out of here. Whether this was some weird set up or not, I was free, and I was not going back. They would have to kill me first.

When I turned my head around the corner at the end of the hall, that's when I heard gunshots. I froze, trying to decipher exactly where they were coming from. Whoever it was, it wasn't the guards. It was a different gun than what those military bitches always carried around.

Fuck it, I thought, and I dashed further down the hallway but then instantly regretted it as I slammed into another body when turning the corner, causing us both to stumble backwards. Before I knew it I had a gun aimed at me by a tall, slim man who could only be described as incredibly handsome. No, even that wouldn't do him justice. His features were striking.

Long, chestnut colored hair with sparkly dark brown eyes to match, staring at me with an intensity that I'd never experienced before. Were it not for the weapon he was aiming at me, I would have thought he was a celebrity who didn't belong in such a place as this. No matter, all I needed was his gun and I was ensured a way out of here. He didn't look stupid, but I was told to never judge a book by its cover. I put on my best pathetic face and put my acting skills to work.