~8~

I wasn't sure where I was walking, as I didn't have a set destination in mind. My mind couldn't focus on one with Jimin beside me. I felt like if I took the wrong turn, maybe even the wrong step, he'd decide to run me over with one of his cars at any point and time.

The sound of our footsteps against the shiny tile on the foyer floor echoed as we walked. Was the house always this quiet? "You seem nervous." he smirked. He knew exactly what he was doing. Bastard.

"I'm fine. Being held against your will by seven men may cause someone to be a little tense." He let out a light and airy laugh. For some reason, I felt my heart beat just a little faster.

"That's exactly why you're so interesting. You're honest." I don't mean to be. I thought. Seriously, what was up with that? Why am I so honest all of a sudden when I never am, not even to myself.

"Are you honest?" I asked, more defensively than intended.

He raised an eyebrow playfully and gave me the side eye, "Do you think I am?" I shook my head, "What does it matter what I think? The fact that you're not answering makes the answer pretty obvious." I said as I continued to walk.

I hadn't noticed he had stopped, and I turned around to face him. He had his hands in his pockets, and his tongue was in one of his cheeks. He was looking right at me and all his playfulness vanished in a flash.

"Why was Tae upset with you?"

The question came out of absolute nowhere, and I barely had time to even think about what he was referring to. What was that sudden switch? I opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted me, "And don't play dumb. You're too smart for that. Just answer the question."

He was right in front of me now, staring down at me with a hooded expression. He was no longer asking, he was telling me to say what I knew. He must have talked with Tae. Was he always this protective?

"I guess he's embarrassed because I accidentally walked in on him in his room. He looked like he had just gotten out of the shower." I spilled, not knowing what else it could be.

Jimin raised an eyebrow. He looked surprised, either that or he didn't believe me."That's the only encounter I've had with him. Besides seeing him in the kitchen once too. That's it." I reiterated.

Suddenly he bursted out laughing. So hard in fact, he had to brace himself against the wall. "That's it? I know Tae can be a little dramatic sometimes, but I thought you tried to kill him or something." he said, trying to breathe normally again.

I frowned, feeling offended. "You just said you thought I was smart. Come on, I don't have that much of a death wish. Is this why you were waiting for me outside, because you thought I tried to kill one of your friends?"

Jimin sighed when he finally caught his breath and looked at me with a shit-eating grin. "That was one of the reasons. But as it happens, I have a different matter to discuss."

I crossed my arms at that. I stared at him as I waited for what he had to say. "Listen, I do like you, Ava. I know we just met but I see something in you. You're to the point, and from what I can tell, at least with us, you're honest. That goes a long way. So let me do the same and cut the bullshit. I just wanted to say, if you need to go anywhere, if you have some business to take care of, I want to be the one that goes with you."

Well, I definitely was not expecting that.

"What?"

"I'll be your driver. Trust me, you won't find a better one. I can guarantee your safety."