The night in the De'Vincent penthouse flashed before my eyes. That was the kind of power my family had we were untouchable because of the cautiousness we implemented, we were masters of control and it all made sense.

Who would stop us though, people had power and when we got it the world changed.

I got it though, once more I'd wanted to change how the family was viewed. I wanted to find middle ground between how my parents lived in a give-no-fucks attitude, and living like a normal person.

The simple problem was my whole family was constantly spotted in sports cars worth more then four hundred grand.

And God knows I'm not selling my Aston's.

I then moved away from the table my mind still reflecting on the past as I swiftly descended the stairs to a line of three matte black Range Rovers surrounded by PPO's.

"Nathanial" Haden greets opening the back door of the central vehicle that I stepped into with ease.

The door was then shut behind me and we were soon off towards the acreage where Zeno and the various other horses my parents owned were. Including Nero, that horse was still strong and lively to this day just not as fast.

The black emperor.

That was what he had been nicknamed during my dad's polo days.

Nero was old now though and I had often found my dad tending to his horse. My mom had told me that when they were my age my dad was often out with Nero.

We'd never had pets growing up in a traditional sense. Horses were our pets we would take care of them provide for them groom them. I spent my childhood in New York and any chance I got I was at the stud farm of a family friend with Zeno.

My mind refused to let the fact I wished to be sharing this whole experience with Scarlett. I wanted to be holding her hand on the car ride but I accepted the breakup. I accepted her conditions and thoughts of not wanting to be in a distance relationship over the coming year.

Turning my attention; in hopes of distracting myself, to the mountains I started to count the peaks in the night.

Getting to fifteen my view was suddenly obscured by trees and the gate to the property which opened on rails letting the cars in before I got the ability to see the expanded rustic styled home that was now a fifteen thousand square foot home.

The cars then entered the motor court with a large amount of garage doors that all had two vehicles behind each.

I then got out and looked over at where the steps that led around the garage were my parents walking down to meet me.

"Hi mom, hi dad" I say with a slight side smile as I moved to them and wrapped my arms around both of them.

"I hope you had a safe flight Nathan" my mom says giving me a tight squeeze.

"Always, Lily did a good job, I even got to enjoy a glass of sparkling water on my flight" I muse knowing my mother who give me a lecture if she knew I'd drank. My dad would just ban me from driving for the next twenty-four hours.

"You're sisters are out by the pool" my dad says, "we all were relaxing after the flight". He then turns and walked off back inside with my mother and I not far behind.

Entering the familiar home I took off my shoes, and made my way across the home and out onto the patio where my sisters both sat with their feet in the water. My parents spots were where they could see the night sky.

"Hi Izzy" I say as I slipped an ice cube out of her glass and flicked it at her which instantly resulted in her dropping her phone on the marble patio and standing to get the piece of ice off herself before the melted water slowly slid down her skin.

"You're such a dick" she says glaring at me while my parents laughed lightly.

"Whoops" I smirk before settling on a nearby chair.

"I should drag you into the pool" Izzy says.

"Try me, hi Abigail, are you enjoying yourself?" I ask and she nods as she took a sip of her drink, before setting it back down.

"August just asked me how having my brother here now is, should say he's being an ass" Izzy remarks tapping a notification on her phone.

"He'll probably just laugh, just for fun remind Giovanni that he promised to keep you safe, I plan to hold him to it" I say shutting my eyes and crossing my arms while listening to the rippling of the water due to the wind off the mountains.

"He says to remind you that he has had enough time to prove himself" Izzy says and both my dad and I scoff at the same time.

"Three more months then I'll believe it. When it's attachment love" I muse.

"Wouldn't that be past you and Scarlett's first year?" Abigail prys looking over at me while supporting herself on the pool edge across the pool.

"Yes, would be a week or so after" I confirm.

Though it won't be anymore.

I then let out a sigh while staring at the sky at all of the stars and I mentally began going through everything that had happened in the past ten months. I couldn't do it any longer I could relive every moment until now, clearer and clearer each time it came to mind, until it was impossible to forget.

Standing I took almost impossibly long fast steps back towards the house.

"Where are you go...?" my youngest sisters puzzlement clear until the door shut behind me cutting it off as I stalked off towards my room to deal with my mind on my own.

I fucking hate this.

Chapter completed, you'll see quite a few different story lines built into this specific novel so I hope it keeps all of you here on the journey through my characters next stage. Anyways

Peace