•|24|• M€€TÎÑG R¥ÁÑ

It's been 1 week after the marriage of Hayfa

It's been 1 week after the marriage of Hayfa. A silent Sunday. Right now me and Zayyan are going to a restaurant where we are supposed to meet Ryan as he requested to meet me the other day.

After we sorted everything on the Hayfa's reception night, I told everything to Zayyan, about talking to Ryan and how he is my cousin and all that.

As soon as we entered in the restaurant we saw Ryan. He also saw us and waved his hand slightly with a wide smile.

"Assalam-O-Alaikum" I greeted and Zayyan royally ignoring Ryan's existence sat opposite him. I guess he only came for me.

"Wa-Alaikum-Aslam Anna" He greeted back and gestured me to sit beside Zayyan. I slightly nodded my head and sat down.

"Lunch is on me Anna, order anything you like" Ryan said and gestured a waiter over our table. Before i would utter any word Zayyan cold voice interrupted "No need, lunch is on me. I can feed my wife well"

Ryan chuckled as he straightened himself against the Chair putting his one leg on another "That i know Mr. Malik, but you're forgetting that Anna is my sister and i invited her over an lunch not the other way around"

Zayyan scoffed before uttering in an extremely mocking tone "Yeah! Just your parents didn't did the sinful things........like kidnapping my kitten, malnourishing her, beating her, killing her parents, well biologically their own blood and who knows what sinful things they had done more"

Ryan's eyes became dull as he averted his eyes downward. I instantly passed a glare to Zayyan which he totally ignored.

"Ryan....." I started but got cut off by Ryan's guilty voice "He is absolutely right Anna, honestly i requested to meet you for apologizing for their misdeeds but a sorry wouldn't erase your pain. Believe me Anna, i regretted every milli second of my life that i couldn't help you on your most painful journey of your life. I hate myself to be born as their son. Believe me i do. It's just that i can't do anything to change it. Truth is, i was weak back then. I am sorry i couldn't protect you enough back then" His voice cracked at the end as a lone tear slipped out of his right eye and he hurriedly wiped it averting his face to the other side.

Without another word i stood up and sat beside Ryan, Zayyan thankfully didn't stopped me but i heard his deep sigh.

"It's not your fault Ryan, you're the best brother that i never had before but i guess now i have right"? Honestly i don't know how to console people. These were straight from the heart words and for me this is the best way to console someone.

He slowly nodded his head and passed me a smile which never fully reached his eyes. Ryan is actually 2 years younger than me and in my distanced memory i do remember playing with him, him doing pranks and me being a strict elder sister scolding him well.
Actually i never had siblings and he also and as i was a quiet type i never had friends, he was the only one who approached me, cared for me, helped me.

"You know, if you weren't there for me than i definitely would have died in that hell hole, I am very thankful to you for being there for me in my hardest times and i am really very sorry to ignore you that time. It's just that the hatred took the whole of me that time, that I started seeing you as their son not as my brother. I am sorry" I honestly apologized as i truly regret ignoring him.

"Why are you apologizing Anna when you never did anything wrong. Anyone in your place would've done the same as you did"

"I......" I was cutted off as Ryan asked changing the topic "What would you like to have"? He asked and passed me the menu card. I passed him a small smile and took the menu from his hand.

Ryan ordered Chinese, I ordered grilled chicken sandwiches and pepperoni pizza for Zayyan. Zayyan was un-bothered by everything as he was checking his mails on his phone.
My workaholic Husband!

We all had lunch in pure silence but there was an unknown tension between these two upgrown children. Zayyan was occasionally passing his draggers to Ryan and Ryan was ignoring his mere existence. I internally sighed looking at the cold war infront of me.

As we finished our food, Zayyan uttered while wiping his mouth with the napkin "I am going to destroy them" He said so calmly and causally like it wasn't a big deal. Well maybe not for him. His words were directed to Ryan as he held an eye contact with him. His eyes were like an open challenge, A dare to defy him.

"Of course you are going to, after all they clashed against M.M" Replied Ryan and my whole attention was directed to the abbreviations M.M.
The business world shudder at the mention of M.M. A unseen, unknown fear, A fright.

"M.M"? My voice came out more like a whisper. I hope what i am thinking isn't true "Don't tell me Mr.Malik you didn't disclosed your other identity, not even to Anna"? Ryan asked as he laughed out.

"You lied"? I asked as i passed my best glare to Zayyan. "I didn't okay. You just never asked"

"Same difference" M.M full form is Mysterious Malik. Now joining the dots together, everything fits well. I can't believe, the unknown, unseen, most feared important figure of the business world is infront of me and he is my husband.

"You accepted my company's proposal last month when we were trying from 2 years. Why? Because you got to know it was my company" I was getting angry with this thought.

I can't believe he is the CEO of the No.1 international company in America. Everyone knows his background struggle. He started from the scratch at the age of 16. Building his own empire alone. He is known as a genius in business world.

Now i know where he often disappears in past. He wasn't at home often. As i was always nervous around him and feared him, i never asked about his disappearance. He was actually in America doing big things.

"My Everything is yours kitten" his words melted my heart like an ice in sun but that's not mean that i will leave it so easily.

"That's not my answer" He sighed and replied "Okay! Firstly I am sorry that i didn't told you about myself and secondly i unintentionally peeked at your laptop and........" He paused "and seeing your company name i instantly accepted your business proposal"

"I don't regret it a bit kitten"
"Why"? I immediately asked "Because you are my wife"

"So"? I again questioned "So, I am obliged to put a smile on my wife's beautiful face" A smile was threatening to come out.

"And accepting the proposal was a reason to put a smile on my face"? I asked and he nodded innocently. A smile finally broke out on my face.

 A smile finally broke out on my face