•|17|• ¢ÁRÁM€L FLÁVÓÚR

I was looking towards the room door in expectation of him coming in

I was looking towards the room door in expectation of him coming in. I saw him going to Mama Jaan and Baba Jani's room but it's been total of 1 hour, he hasn't come to the room yet.

I heard the knock on the door and knowing well who it can be, i uttered a faint come in.

"Hey best friend. How are you now"? Came Hayfa in the room and sat beside me. "I am fine Alhamdulilah" I answered in my usual low voice.

"I haven't got time to talk to you alone. Thank God! The arrogant and rude brother of mine isn't in the room. I really needed some alone time with my best friend. It's been long, isn't"? I just nodded my head in approval, indeed it's been long.

She gestured me to put my head in her lap as we always talk. I slightly smiled and placed my head in her lap and started to talk about our lives.
As she also came to Pakistan after a long time, there was so much to talk about.

We were talking when Zayyan came in the room unannounced. Well it was his room also. He immediately passed Hayfa his best glare and as his eyes met mine softness spread across his face. Why do i feel roles are reversed?
I sat up straight on the bed against the headboard avoiding any kind of eye contact with him.

"What are you doing here"? He asked Hayfa putting some shopping bags on the table. "Last time i checked it was my best friend's room also" She replied sarcastically.

"You done? Now get out before i will throw you out" Came his rude remark. "Just say you want my best friend all for yourself" Hayfa said teasingly. My breath hitched at her words and i instantly passed her a glare which she royally ignored.

"Yes! I want her all for myself. Now get out" Ya Allah! Why is he so straight forward?

Although! My heart skipped a beat at his words but it was embarrassing. Now, Hayfa have another thing to tease me.

She pouted and glared at him. She semi yelled standing up from the bed "I hate You"

"Believe me. Feelings are mutual" He said indifferently shrugging his shoulders and gesturing her to the door. She stomped out of the room angryly and as she got out, Zayyan locked the door making his way towards the bed.

I was feeling nervous under his gaze so i averted my eyes to my lap. Seconds later my head was pulled up as he lifted my chin up softly. "Eyes up here at me kitten" saying this he checked my temperature placing his hand over my forehead.

"You want to eat something"? I slowly shooked my head negatively still looking at him. Why was his behaviour suddenly so changed, so caring? As much as i am loving it but my questions are still unanswered.

But what answers exactly i want from him. He already apologized. He is acting as a caring husband. He is giving me his full attention. What else i need from him? Maybe why he disliked me all those years. But i will not ask him, i will give him enough time to open up to me himself.

"Here! It's caramel pudding. Eat it then you have to eat medicines" How did he got to know my favourite flavour is caramel? Maybe by chance he got caramel flavour. I took the covered box from his hand and as our hands brushed slightly, i felt a electric chill rustled through my whole body.

I hurriedly backed away my hand taking the box from his hand. Maybe he sensed my reaction because i saw a sly smile on his face. He clearly knows, he have a different kind of effect on me. "Yours"? I asked as he sat across me empty handed.
"I brought it only for you" I frowned and pushed the box towards him. "What"? He asked slightly irritated.

"I will not eat without you" I uttered slowly and averted my eyes from him. I heard his deep sigh as he stood up from the bed. He picked one more spoon from the shopper and sat infront of me. "Happy Now"? He asked and i nodded my head in satisfaction.

We ate the pudding in a comfortable silence and he stood up to throw the wasted boxes in the bin. No way! Again those stupid medicines.
"I roamed for around 1 and half hour just to got your favourite caramel flavour and you can't eat these medicines for me"? He knew? But how?

"How did you know my favourite flavour"? I asked him curiously. "I have my ways" He replied smiling softly. "Now please, will you"? I disheartedly took the medicines from his hand, ignoring the stupid feeling of our brushed hands.

I ate the medicine and he gave me a chocolate. Do i look like a child to him. "Of course not! You are my kitten" I wasn't saying this aloud. Now do i? "Yes! You are" He chuckled replying to me and i looked at my lap embarrassed.

After that we both offered 'Asar prayer' together. I don't know why he didn't went to Masjid but i liked praying together with him.

"You can put your head in my lap" He said as soon as i sat across him on the bed. I stiffened at his words but still shooked my head negatively.

Seconds later he pulled me in his embrace staring in my eyes. He was practically hugging me. I was shocked but kept my calm as i slightly tried to push him away but his arms were securing my waist firmly.
"What are you doing"? I asked more like whispering. I could hear his heart thumping along with mine. It was somewhat soothing my inner havoc and creating another havoc at the same time. It was different, very different.

"Why were your eyes puffy coming out of Mama Jaan and Baba Jani's room. Did you cry"? He questioned with my question and ever so slowly i looked straight in his eyes. All i saw was peace and care.

Am i ready to tell him everything? Can i trust him? Atlas my answer was yes because i have to let it all out then only i will be free from the burden of my past, free of my fears, free of my insecurities.