27

*Phoenix*

As soon as I hear the word that there is a bomb, I immediately lift Mila into my arms and run from the building. Her wounds are somewhat bandaged so she won't bleed out anytime soon. I use the tunnel we first used to get out of the room and from there I run straight outside, to the spot where we are all to meet up when the mission was over. I wait and watch as everyone quickly joins the spot... Everyone except Miles. 

"Where the hell is Miles?" I ask everyone standing around. 

They all glance at each other but nobody knows where he is. 

"Shit!" I curse. I begin to walk back towards the building before one of my brothers pull me back. 

"Not the time Lucas!" I shout at him but he just shakes his head and points in the opposite direction I was walking. My gaze follows his finger and I see a figure walking towards us out of the smoke. I squint my eyes to be better able to see who is coming. 

When I can finally make out who the person is, I let out a sigh of relief. Miles made it out. I run over to him and see him holding a small child. 

"Why does he look like a male version of Fia?" I ask. 

"Fia? You know my sissy?" The little boy asks. I look at him shocked. 

"Sissy?" I ask dumbly. 

"Yeah! Mommy says I have a twin named Fia! My name is Fio. I want to meet my sissy." The child, Fio, says. I nod at him with a smile, already feeling protective of the kid. 

"Well let's get you and your mommy all healed and you can see your sissy. Alright bud?" He nods. I grab him from Miles, who begins to protest before I shut him up with a look. 

"Alright everyone, mission accomplished. We've got to get these two and anyone else who is injured to the hospital now." I hear Alessandro say. I nod and take Fio into the vehicle with me. The ride there is pretty silent, the only noise is Fio's soft snores. I smile down at the small boy. He's slightly bigger than Fia but they look so similar. As I continue to look at him I realize just how much the kids look like their mom. They share her green eyes and white hair. They have light freckles dusting their cheeks. 

Noticing the similarities between the three, makes me begin to think of my small girlfriend. She will be even more beaten and bruised when we get home. I thought that she was finally safe from this ever happening again, but instead she got three months of torture. She was never fully safe, nor will she ever be with the mafia's constant enemies. At least now she has thousands of guards willing to look after her. The Italian, Greek, and American mafias will always look out for her. She is our true Mafia Princess.