"What's going on, Fives?" Ahsoka muttered, her voice cracking more than she'd like it to.

"Kriffing— Commander Tano, I swear— Karkin–" Fives sputtered, followed by a long string of curses in every language he knew.

"Fives, tell me what's happening," Ahsoka said, pushing herself up from the floor painfully.

"I thought you were dead!" Fives blurted. He snaked his arms around her and pulled her closer. "I kriffing thought that you died and I was gonna have to tell Skywalker and the Captain and kriffing–" he let out an exasperated sigh. "You scared me."

"Why?" Ahsoka whispered. "Why would you think I was dead?"

"Why?!" Fives gasped, releasing her. "Commander, you're kriffing sleeping in a pool of your own kriffing blood!"

"Oh," Ahsoka breathed. It did still kinda look like a homicide happened in her quarters.

Yeah, he had a point there.

"Sorry, Fives, I didn't think anyone would come looking for me–"

"Commander, it's been nearly five hours. You didn't think anyone would come looking for you?!" Fives said. "Seriously, why don't you just go to the med bay?"

"You never do, either," Ahsoka muttered.

"Okay, fine, you got me there," Fives sighed. "But still! I'm never letting you do that again. You almost gave me a kriffing heart attack, Commander! I thought you kriffing died!"

Ahsoka frowned, finally registering how much she scared Fives. "I'm sorry," she said again. "It won't happen again."

"You're right it won't. We're going to the med bay right now," Fives said. "Can you walk?"

"I don't want–"

"I don't kriffing care, Commander. You're going to the med bay right now. Are you walking or not?"

"Walking," Ahsoka said. Fives reached out and hoisted her to her feet. She staggered and crashed into his chest plate immediately.

"Nope, not walking," Fives said, scooping her up.

"'M not a baby," Ahsoka groaned.

"But you almost died," Fives fired back. "Now shut up and sit still."

Ahsoka huffed but she did as she was told and held still in Fives' arms.

"You know Kix is gonna kill me," Ahsoka mumbled.

"Yep. But don't worry, Tup will sing Hakuna Matata at your funeral," Fives replied.

"Not helping."

"Heh, sorry."

Kix did, in fact, kill her (not literally, of course), only to resurrect her to chew her out the entire time he was patching her up. Ahsoka kept her breath steady and her eyes pointed at her feet, albeit her vision blurred from tears.

When Kix finally finished with her, he left to check in on his other patients. At the same time he left, a whole stampede of clones came rushing in.

"Commander Tano!" they cheered. "Glad you're okay!"

Ahsoka couldn't help the grin that spread over her face.

The clones piled onto her bed, careful not to disturb her. Hardcase instantly began babbling about a string of unrelated topics, Rex smiled warmly at her, and Fives squeezed her hand.

Tup jumped up on the chair at her bedside and cleared his throat. "Everyone, I have a special announcement for Commander Tano!" he said. "Listen up!" Tup cleared his throat again, then began, "Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase–"

"Oh, shut up!" Fives said, snatching Ahsoka's pillow and throwing it at his face.

Tup yelped and jumped down. "Okay, okay," Tup pouted. "Way'ta ruin the fun."

Ahsoka snickered, then sniffed.

"It's alright, Little'un," Rex soothed, wiping away a tear that she hadn't noticed running down her face. "We're here now. You're safe."

Safe.

Just her and her brothers.

Safer ground.

--------------------

Word Count: 1,283

Published: November 18, 2022

I'm sleep-deprived and around 4,000 words behind on my NaNo novel.  It's fiiiiiiine.

So I'm going to make a very mature decision and go to bed. Whoah, look at that, I DO know how to act my age!

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas. 

Bye, peoples!