"It's alright. I'll leave you alone if that's what you want, I didn't mean to upset you. We can talk when you're much more calm." And with that, Chris walks away. Good riddance.

"You shouldn't have said that to him, he really cares about you, you know," Austin says to me and goes after her boyfriend.

Wyndy comes up to me and holds my hand and my gaze. I don't know where I got the courage to stare back into her eyes for so long without looking away or blushing.

"Why didn't you tell me about it when you came by the café on Saturday?" She asks.

"I didn't want to bother you about it."

"Did you really think I would never find out?"

I sigh and look down.

"I'm sorry this had to happen just two months to the contest. But there is still time, you can find it before then."

"I'm sure I will. Thanks."

"By the way, Wyndy, is there anyone you must have told about Avan's invention?" Travis takes the opportunity to ask her.

"I don't think I have."

"Are you sure? Think harder," Travis probes.

"I'm sure I haven't told anyone."

"Alright. We just wanted to know how many people know about the invention so we can trace the culprit."

"Did you consider the fact that the culprit might have found out about the invention by chance? They might have probably overheard us talking about the invention and started stalking you. Who knows?" Wyndy asks and I stop to see the truth in what she said.

"You know what, you could be right," Travis agrees.

"We can't possibly interrogate everyone in school. So how do we find this person or these people?" I scratch my head.

"We lure them," Wyndy says and I can't get over the fact that she used 'we' instead of 'you'.

"Lure them?" Travis and I echo.

"Yeah."

The bell rings and everyone starts making their way to their various classes.

"I'll tell you guys about it after school."

"Why don't we talk about it during lunch?" Travis asks.

"We don't want any more people overhearing our conversations. I think it's better we talk about it somewhere else."

"You have a point."

"Of course I do. See ya," Wyndy says and finally lets go of my hand as she walks away.

* * * * *

"What?!" Mr. Trainor screams when I tell him about my missing invention. "Now who on earth would even think of doing such a horrible thing to a sweet hardworking kid like you?"

"That's what I'm gonna find out, and trust me when I say that when I do find them, they are going to pay."

"Damn right they will," Mr. Trainor says then walks to Billy's cage. "Do you hear this, Billy? Our friend Avan got robbed of something very special to him, but not to worry, he's vowed to claim it back by all means." Billy squeaks something in response.

"Billy says, 'go champ!', hehe," Mr. Trainor tells me.

"Of course he did."

"We believe in you, champ. Don't give up now."

"I never said I was giving up."

"In whatever way you would need my assistance along the way on your journey to reclaiming what is rightfully yours and bringing the perpetrator to justice, don't hesitate to seek me. I am with you and I am here for you, so is Billy."