Chapter 79- The Spirit In Distress

Start from the beginning

Darren: Yeah. She knows that pretty much, everyone in my team knows about that as well. What are you going to do about it?

Nia: Nothing, I was just wondering about this situation.

Darren: I should head off now.

Tohka: Wait! Darren, let me pack my bags first before we leave.

Darren: Sure.

She went to her room and started to pack her bags while Shido approached me.

Shido: Darren...

Darren: Shido...

Shido: Why did you go and save Tohka?

Darren: Because she gave me the power that I need to win against the first round of the war against DEM and the Monarchs.

Shido: First round of the war?

Darren: Of course, as long as Issac, Ellen and the Monarchs are still alive the war isn't over. It's merely just the beginning.

Shido: Is that so? Which means that there is a bigger war scaling?

Darren: That is for you to deal with. My real war is coming as well. Which is why I won't participate in your war unless the Monarchs would join the war.

Shido: Doesn't Issac have three Monarchs by his side already?

Darren: Yeah, Monarch of Lightning, Poison and Beast. Those three are considers some of the weakest Monarchs, Yuko, Lucas and I will face them.

Shido: Is that so?

Darren: Back to the topic of about Tohka. Why did you not saver her? I sensed the lie that was coming from you when you said that you don't care about her.

Shido: I was scared, I really want to help Tohka. But, what if everyone else sacrificed for me? Also, I just couldn't. I realised how helpless I was when I faced off against them. They were superior in every way possible. My body was trembling in how scary that was.

Darren: That wasn't a vlid excuse, instead of just laying there fighting. You should've sent Yoshino or someone over to my house to ask for help, instead of facing them on your own like an idiot.

Shido: I couldn't they won't allow us to escape, if we did escape. They would catch up to us and kill us.

Darren: I guess that is a valid reason.

Shido: Also, I knew how much you hate me after the entire incident. Even though I am not a genius like you who can read people's emotions. I can tell by your actions. Now that I know Kurumi's powers won't need to be sealed anymore. I won't do anything to her. Just that I leave Tohka and Kurumi as well as Mukuro in you care.

Darren: You Ratatoskr people are always like this. I wanna go home soon.

Suddenly, Tohka came rushing down the stairs with a heavy suitcase and a heavy bag.

Tohka: Darren, we should depart soon.

Darren: Yeah sure, is there anything that you would like to say to these people?

Tohka: Thanks for taking care of me for these past few months.

Shido: No worries.

Kotori: It's fine.

Darren: Yuko, open a portal please.

Yuko: Sure.

He snapped his fingers, which opened the Gates Of Babylon. We walked through it and it teleported us to our house.

Darren: Yuko, Lucas. I need to discuss something with the two of you. Tohka, your room is upstairs. Can you share it with Kurumi?

Tohka: Sure.

Yuko, Lucas and I walked into an empty room while we had our serious faces on.

Lucas: What did you find?

Darren: Inside those labs that had the artificial humans inside it. There was a book, in it said that the artificial humans already had many energies of light injected into them.

Yuko: That could potentially poses some issues. I have some servants recently obtained in my adventures. Those servants are those godly ones. Such as the Hero Of Charity.

-Just say that he went on an adventure on his own-

Darren: Those are some really powerful servants. The only way that the previous Summoner was able to stand up against the Monarchs was because of Arjuna Alter. But, it seems like we haven;t obtained him yet.

Yuko: True, anyhow. We should get some rest.

Darren: True.

We headed back towards our rooms. I just slept peacefully, not knowing that Mukuro and Kurumi snuck into my bed and started cuddling me.

-The next morning-

Darren POV:

It was an unusual day as Zero-Two appeared at my door the moment that I woke up and started panting as if she just ran a million miles just to get here.

Darren: Woah, clam down. You look like you just ran a marathon. What's going on?

Zero-Two: They're here.

Darren: Who's here?

Zero-Two: Servants.

??? POV:

???: Let us have the last laugh against this incomplete monarch. Shall we being the Klaxosaurus extraction?

???2: We shall, my lord.

???: Remember, this mission must not fail, or else the mana that we receive will be incomplete and we need him.

???2: Ah, you mean.

???: Yes, we need Yuko Pendragon and Darren Satoru's Monarch and Summoner energy.