Chapter 59- Why Did I save Him?

()= Thinking/ Replacing

*= Actions

/= Whispers

""= Phone

--= Narrator

~~= Timeskip

Darren POV:

I waited for the perfect opportunity to escape class while summoning a shadow soldier as my clone for the school.

Darren: He looks exactly like me.

Yuko: You need to create more for the two of us as well.

Lucas: Yeah, we can't escape if you don't summon one.

Darren: Alright shut up.

I summoned two more shadow soldiers as their faces and figures transformed into Lucas and Yuko.

Darren: Alright. Let's go it's almost time.

Yuko: Yeah, we should go soon.

Lucas: What are we waiting for?

Darren: Yeah.

We started to fly towards DEM, who swiftly located us and dashed towards us. Lucas blocked Ellen's attack which was inches away from my face. I kicked Artemisia's stomach which sent her flying away.

Darren: Sorry, I'm not the same guy as before.

Ellen: I can see that.

She dashed towards Lucas who just swung his scythe around while sneering at her.

Lucas: Is that all from the world's strongest wizard?

Ellen: Of course not. *turns head around* HUH?!

Yuko just sat there, not even transforming into any type of servant armour and there were about 400 artificial spirts defeated.

Darren: Retreat?

Ellen: Tch, don't forget that we will come back and kill you!

Darren: Then, you can try.

Ellen flew away along with the other teams while we just stared at the artificial spirits.

Darren: Arise, the fallen that has lost all but their will to live.

400 undead soldiers appeared in front of me while bowing in front me and disappeared into my shadows.

Lucas: Success?

Darren: No, DEM will try something new so just wait here and we can find out.

Darren: Somehow I have a really bad feeling about this.

My intuition was correct after all. DEM attacked Shido on multiple occasions, whether it be the classrooms, toilets, his room and kitchen. They attacked him anytime they could. The moment I couldn't sense his life energy anymore. I teleported towards his house and used Vav. Vav drained almost most of my mana and cursed energy. My muscles ached and couldn't use my forearm well after the 203rd time that Shido has died. My mind was starting to take it's toll as I couldn't see very well after so many attempts. My reflex speed has also gone down. Yuko and Lucas noticed this and wanted to help me with this mission. I just waved them off since I believed that this was my mission to take. This process simply repeated for what I could tell was days, or even weeks. Maybe even months and I wouldn't have realised.