☆Chapter 13☆

Loading...

💕

"How do I look?" Y/N spun herself around in the chair to face her best friend Yukako. Since Josuke was over at Koichi's she didn't want to be alone so she hit up Yukako to hang out, which quickly turned into a sleep over. Her parents were on a getaway so she had the house to herself.

A soft mix of Japanese and American RnB played in the background as the Raven-haired girl brushed through Y/N's freshly straightened hair. "It looks good but I want to trim and curl it, that okay with you?" Yukako asked as she spun her back towards the mirror playing in her hair some more.

"Go for it. I'm overdue for a trim anyway." She carefully watched Yukako pull a pair of hair scissors from her vanity drawers. She shut her eyes as bits of dead hair fell off with each snip. For a moment, she was transported back into her bedroom back at home, the strong smell of grease and pink lotion flooded her senses. It reminded her of the days when her dad would do her hair while her mother was at work. She remembered how tense his hands were every time they touched her head, he wanted to be extra careful as to not hurt his "beautiful baby girl", which annoyed her since it would take twice as long to do. Remorse filled her body as she took those times for granted, afraid she might not have any more time left with him.

She was snapped out of her day dream when Yukako tapped her shoulders. "Hello, did you hear me?"

"No sorry, my mind was in a completely different place. What was the question again?"

"You want the ends curled or the whole head?"

"Just the ends please."

Yukako plugged up the curling iron and let it heat up while she applied a little more hair serum to prep for the extra heat. The scent reminded her of Yukako, fruity but elegant.

"So tell me, what's on your mind?" Yukako asked.

"Just family issues, nothing to worry about though." She lied.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." She paused feeling sympathetic. "You know what distracts me from my family issues? Talking about boys!" She snapped the curling iron a few times before grabbing a section of  Y/N's hair and curling it.

Y/N responded to her with intense side eye.

"Yuki, now you know damn well the only boy you talk about is Koko. Don't pretend like you get play." She  joked a smile creeping up her face.

"What? Is it wrong to want to know about my bestie's romantic endeavors?" Yukako states rhetorically.

"They're really aren't endeavors per say, more like circumstances?" She replies uncertain.

"Whatever they are, tell me about 'em!"

Y/N fidgeted in her chair trying to position herself more comfortably. She inhaled deeply, letting out a few laughs before answering. "Okay, imma tell you about one of them but don't laugh at me."