☆Chapter 1☆

Loading...

💕

Y/N is currently scared shitless as she tremble in her seat waiting for the plane to take off. This was her first time ever riding an airplane.

"You good Y/N?" The classmate sitting next to her asked confused and worried.

"Y-yeah, I'm good just a little shaken up" she replied, knowing damn well that was a lie.

She was on her way to Japan for a summer program, first time out of the country as well as without family. Her mother had set you up with a host family, who she was familiar with since she's friends with the mother. Y/N didn't know them all that well, only a voice who she assumed belonged to a woman named Tomoko Higashikata due to consisent phone calls with her mom. She knows she has a son who is around the same age as you, and her father that lives with her.

"Alright passengers, please make sure you're seated and secured as we begin take off!" An enthusiastic voice ordered over the intercom.

She made sure she were secured as possible and braced herself for the long flight.

(Short time skip)

It was half way through the flight when she was checking the list of assignments her teacher assigned to her (obviously calmed down at this point). Some of the items were easy like getting to know the host family, others were more daunting such as recording a week of what your experience was like. Y/N was a homebody and hella camera shy so she was dreading having to do those assignments. As she put the list away, she removed a hello kitty themed mp3 player from her pocket and started playing music as she dosed off to sleep.

(Time skip)

She was finally getting off the plane with her class, groggy as hell. She retrieved her luggage from the compartment above her and lazily made her way out to join the rest of the class. She groaned as the teacher gave the class instructions.

"Alright we made it! Isn't this exciting?" The instructor paused for a quick laugh. You all nodded your heads in response. "Now, your host families should be right over there *he points*, we will meet up at our designated location once a week just to check up on you and your progression with your assignments. Anyone without a host family will be coming with us to the hotel. Remember, this program will only last for two and a half months so you don't have a lot of time to dilly dally. Got it? Alright, let's bounce!" He said as pointed finger guns at y'all.

She headed towards the area where the host families were, not quite sure where to go. She just walked up a bobbed blue-haired fair-skinned woman who was eyeing her down. Her smile grew bigger as she approached her hesitantly and asked, "Hello, are you Ms. Higashikata?"

"Oh how wonderful!" She exclaimed while clasping her hands together "So you do know my name, I was worried your mother forgot to relay that information onto you! She could be very forgetful sometimes!" She chuckled.

Wow, she's really young and pretty.
Does she really have a son as old as me?

"Come on, let's hurry up before my son comes back from school!" She says while grabbing the girl's wrist leading her towards her car, "He'll be so ecstatic to see a pretty young woman such as yourself staying with him!"

Y/N was in shock from that comment.

She said it like it was nothing, how can someone be that bold!?

(Time skip)

While sitting in the passenger's seat, Y/N looked up to see Ms. Higashikata, driving with a depressing look on her face.

"Ms. Higashikata, are you okay? You look pretty upset about something." She anxiously waited for her reply.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear I didn't mean to worry you. It's just that-- I've been really stressed out lately. Dealing with the passing of my father and raising a son by myself had me pretty bummed out. I haven't even told your mother yet." She said while not taking her eyes off the road.

"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that." She said softening your voice a little.

"Listen Y/N, as you just heard, I'm dealing with a lot right now, so please, just be a good kid and don't cause me too much trouble. My son gets on my nerves already. " She asked sternly.

"Yes ma'am." She replied sharply.

"Although, I shouldn't have to worry about it too much," she says with a complete change of tone in her voice, "your mother always brags about how great of a daughter you are!"

My mother and her seem to be great friends, she thought to herself. I don't know why she didn't bother to at least show me a picture of her.

"We're here!" She exclaimed.

"Ooohhh your house is niceeee!" She awed as Ms. Higashikata pulled up into the driveway.

"You can head inside the door is unlocked, I'll grab your stuff for you." She said unlocking the car doors and popping open the trunk.

She thanked her and rushed inside of the house in hopes of crashing on her couch for a quick nap, that flight really took a lot out of her. But to her surprise, there was a teenage boy, with a pompadour haircut, and a funny looking school uniform, playing videos games on the floor in the livingroom. She didn't really get a good look at him before he jumped up in fear, not for a stranger, but for his mother.

"AH! MOM I CAN EXPLAIN I WAS JUST- HUH!?!? WHO ARE YOU!?" The boy's facial expressions quickly changed from scared to confused.

Before she could answer, Ms. Higashikata rushed past her dropping her belongings by the front door.

"JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT IN SCHOOL!?" She yelled grabbing a newspaper from the coffee table and rolling it up.

Y/N already knew what was going to happen.

"Y/N, head to the guest room down the hall and to your right and take your things with you." She is now slapping the newspaper again the palm of her hand, all while keeping eye contact with her son.

She didn't even respond, she just did exactly what she asked of her, trying her hardest not to burst out in laughter infront of them.

When she got into her room she let out the ugliest laugh ever, attempting to muffle it with her hands so they wouldn't hear her, but it was fueled even more by the boy's screams from the living room.

(I'd imagine he screams like Tom from Tom and Jerry💀)

The commotion finally subsided and she was left with tears in her eyes and a knot in her stomach. When she finally calmed herself down, she once again realized how tired she actually was and went straight to sleep. Didn't undress nor unpack, completely knock tf out.

I'll deal with it in the morning

Fin~

1.2k words
Thank you for reading this chapter! Please share, comment, and vote to motivate me to make more in the future!

Have a great day♡