☆Chapter 12☆

Loading...

💕

A few more days passed by of Josuke dropping hints at Y/N. Sometimes she would take the hint and entertain him, other times she would just ignore him.

Damn Y/N, why are you this difficult to read

"Hello are you listening?" He snapped his fingers in-front of her face bringing her back to reality. "What so special going on in lala land that got you zoning out so much?"

"My fault, I'm just feeling a little homesick." She said with a twinge of sadness in her voice. She's been talking to her father almost daily. Her mother says that he's getting better but the sound of his weak voice and faint breathing says otherwise. "I don't know Josuke, I think I want to go home."

He was stunned and quickly bowed his head as soon as she turned to face him with regret in her eyes. Even though he's rarely seen it, the look of sadness on Y/N's face made him genuinely worry. It was only now that he realized why she's not been making conversation as much as she use to. "I'm sorry to hear that Y/N, is everything okay at home?"

"I don't know actually, my mom says it is but- I don't know." She let out a frustrated sigh.

"That's a good thing right? You look upset. Do you not trust your mom?"

"I think so- I mean- she has a track record of only telling me the good parts and nothing else. Usually when I find out the truth it's too late." She contemplated on the real state of her father.

"Listen, my mom told me about your dad. I know he's in physical therapy recovering from a car accident, and I'm sorry. But you shouldn't worry. If he's anything like you, I know he can get through this." He reassured her gently placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, you're right. It's not like getting depressed over it is going to change anything, but it's hard pretending like everything is okay."

"I think we've known each other long enough to the point where you can tell me anything. And if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll always be here for you. I'm not going anywhere." He stared into her glossy brown eyes with the sincerest smile, gently cusping his hands over hers.

At this moment, Y/N's feelings for Josuke deepened. Sure he was insanely attractive and funny, which were traits she enjoyed, but him showing genuine affection towards her in this moment of vulnerability was something she'd never experienced. Not even from her own parents. She didn't realize she'd been staring at him for a while and snapped herself out of it when she noticed.

"Oh my bad I didn't mean to stare at you like that." She laughed out of embarrassment.

Josuke couldn't help but chuckle at how flustered she was.

"Oh Y/N, I'd give everything for you to look at me like that forever."

~♡☆~

"Goodbye Y/N, stay safe!" Tomoko yelled out from her car window. Her and Josuke just dropped Y/N off at the hotel her some of her classmates were staying in. She wanted to visit and take a stroll down the city with some of her friends and this was the only opportunity to do so.

"Bye!" Y/N said while waving back to them. In response, Tomoko frantically waved both her hands while Josuke only pathetically raised his right hand.

The ride back home was mostly silent besides the muffled noises of cars speeding by. Tomoko caught glances at Josuke and noticed he was deep in thought about something. She smirked to herself before asking him a question.

"When?" She asked him.

"Hm?" The question caught him off guard. He looked up at her in confusion with a little bit of fear.

"When's it gonna be?" She asked again.

He his eyes wandered for a few seconds before snapping back towards her again. "What are you talking about?"

"When are you gonna ask Y/N to be your girlfriend?" She looked directly at him now that there was a red light.

"C'mon you're still on that? I already told you that we're just friends."

"I'm not dumb Josuke. You think I don't know what's going on in my own house? I've seen the way you flirt with each other and I've also heard you talking to your friends about how much you like her. The walls are kinda thin y'know." She turned her attention back on the road.

Josuke sat there wallowing in his embarrassment. He turned his head away from her and pouted looking at cars outside the window. Tomoko let him be until he decided to speak up again.

"I mean I guess I kinda like her." He nearly whispered still not making any eye contact.

Tomoko hummed in satisfaction. "So, what are you gonna do now?"

"Maybe plan a date or something?" He felt his face getting hot.

"Oooo sounds fun can I help?" She cooed.

"No offense but wouldn't it be kinda weird for your mom to help you plan your first date?" He asked rhetorically. They looked at each other for a moment before they started laughing.

"That's fair"

Fin~

(I've decided to cut this story off at 15 chapters. I want to thank everyone who went through this journey with me, especially the ones that held out during my long breaks. I know my writing skills are not the best, but I hope this story made your day in some way. I truly love each and every one of you. 💕🫶🏾

Ps. I might make another story idk yet.)

974 words
Thank you for reading this chapter! Please share, comment, and vote to motivate me to make more in the future!

Have a great day