Chapter 20

Emilia POV

The sun had started setting a few hours ago now.
The sky is full of turbulent multi-colored clouds overhead in hues of pink, indigo, and orange. It's the beautiful sunset on the beach front and I was taking it all in through the window in between the curtain blinds. I had the perfect view from right on the couch.

"Who the fuck could that be?" I murmur under my breath. Comfortable is my middle name as I stuff my face with the most amazing pizza I have ever had to date when someone started knocking on the door. It's not like I'm expecting anyone and hell would freeze over before Leonardo thinks of knocking on any door he feels his entitled to.

I drag my body to the front door and swung the door open, "Yes?" I say when my eyes lock with a tall, thin man who looked close in age to me. He smiles at me happily before asking, "Emilia Caputo?"

"Mmm, yes." His eyes moved to the white box in his hands. "Mr. Caputo instructed to have this delivered to you." He hands me the box that looked to be 25 by 35 inches wide. "Thank you," I say taking the box. "Do you know where Mr. Caputo is?" I ask him as he's about to leave. "He provided you with detailed instructions inside the box." He says walking away. Detailed institutions?

I place the box on the kitchen counter and yank one side of the red ribbon making it fall loose. I open the box to find a beautiful dusty blue dress, it looks very expensive. I would probably have to save up five months of my salary just so I could afford it.

I skim through the piece of paper with the list of things Leonardo is expecting me to do. I take the box with me upstairs to the guest room at the end of the hall. He made it clear that I should get ready in here, but he will never know if I was to just get ready in his room unless he has hidden cameras around this house.

I have about an hour to get ready so I take a quick shower. When I'm done I start doing my hair, I decide to curly it by the time I'm done my arms are jelly-like but I love the way it looks.

The dress is still in the box and I just stand there and stare at it. I can't believe he bought me a dress, I put it on and a part of me can't help but think of the day I wear the wedding dress and got married to him. A lot has changed since that day, and I still feel bad for lying to him not that he does deserve it, but a lie is a lie.

I finally have the dress on it looks amazing, I look amazing, and the dress fits well it has a gorgeous high slit, and it's floor length with a sweetheart neckline. There are a pair of heels in the box and I must say they match well with the dress.

I hear the sound of the house phone ringing from downstairs. It must be the driver, Leonardo said he would call one his here to pick me up.

With one last look in the mirror, I make my way down. I answer the phone and the man explains that he is my driver and his waiting outside.

<<<>>>

The car stops outside a restaurant. I look out the window and I see Leonardo walking towards the car, he looks incredible I don't move an inch, just staring at him. He looks dark and mysterious in all black; black shirt, black tie, black suit, and black shoes.

He opens the door and holds out his hand for me. I take it and step out of the car, I don't even realize that I'm smiling.

Why do I feel so hot and cold toward him?

"Wow... You look stunning."

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself. So is this where you disappeared to?"

"Yeah, among other things."

We make our way into the restaurant and it is completely empty. Strange for such an elegant place to be empty at this time of the day. "Evening Mr. and Mrs. Caputo. Your table is ready, follow me this way." A man says.