Despite your efforts to not wake him up, you heard ruffling behind you. "Y/N?"

Frozen in your tracks, you didn't want to turn around and face him. You couldn't get the image of him above you out of your head. Or the image of him moving closer with his eyes closed. Or the image of his lips travelling down your neck. "Oh, uhh...good morning, Eren!" you said quickly, feeling your cheeks heat up from the thoughts that swirled in your mind. "I'm just going to use the phone upstairs to call Armin to pick me up."

He didn't give you an immediate verbal response, but you could hear him getting up off the couch. "I can just drive you-"

"No!" you interrupted. The morning air felt unbelievably thick and awkward. You were shocked by your hasty response. Already halfway up the stairs, you continued, your voice calmer. "No...sorry. Um, it's okay, you need the rest anyway. You're probably still drunk."

You were surprised that Eren didn't pursue further after you, but he did croak out a quiet response. "Are you okay? I-I didn't do anything stupid last night, right? I nearly blacked out by the time I got to the dance."

You felt flabbergasted at his ignorance. Sure, he was plastered and made hasty decisions last night but the way he spoke to you and looked at you didn't feel like drunken mistakes to be forgotten. You felt your lips trembling where he took your first kiss.

Maybe to him, it was just another way to reach satisfaction. To you, it was supposed to be special and something that you, unfortunately, placed a lot of pressure on. Did he remember what you had confessed to each other? Did he remember the endless kisses he sprinkled around your body? Did he remember saying that he loved you?

Your heart was breaking all over again. Although Eren was quick to piece it back together for you, he was just as quick to shatter it. You knew that he had a way with his words and you felt as if you were played just like everybody else.

You still didn't look at him as you reached the top of the stairs. If he had seen your eyes, he would've known that you were lying through your teeth. "No, we're all good. Just go sleep in your own bed."

You quietly snuck into the kitchen to grab the home phone off the wall. Thankfully at this point, you had memorized Armin's number and had no trouble getting through to his line.

"Good morning," an older voice greeted. "Arlert residence."

You recognized the voice as Armin's grandfather who you knew he lived with. It was quite common to hear him first. It was so calming and comforting to hear, any anxiety that bubbled up from Eren washed away. "Good morning! It's Y/N calling. I'm just wondering if I could speak to Armin?."

"Lucky girl," he chuckled. "He's standing right next to me." You heard him pass the phone.

"Good morning, Y/N!" Armin's sweet voice came clearly through the receiver and you smiled at his comforting presence, even over the phone. "I'm glad to hear from you. Is there anything you need?"

"I'm glad to hear your voice too." You felt your stomach rumbling suddenly and the idea of having a relaxing morning by Armin's side made you excited. He was always coming to you first and asking you out. Although it seemed like Eren didn't recall anything he said to you, his words impacted you deeply. You never took control of the things you wanted which caused this whole mess of miscommunication in the first place. "I'm wondering if you could pick me up from Eren's and if you'd like to have breakfast with me this morning."

Armin didn't waste a single second. "I'll be there right away."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You stood in the shower, letting the hot water wash away any of your regrets. You felt mentally and physically tired as the rushing sound drowned out any thoughts that were plaguing your mind. When you stepped out of the bath you wiped away the fog on the mirror to make sure you washed off every bit of last night's makeup.