Chapter 42 - Another One

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

Feelin' so confused
You don't know what to do
Afraid she might not love you anymore
And though she says she does
And hasn't lost your trust
Who could that be knockin' at her door?

Must be another one
Must be another one she loves

The feelin' never stops
And neither does the clock
Wishin' for tomorrow today
She still says she's true
So you start comin' to
Just as that old knockin' comes to stay

Must be another one
Must be another one she loves

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You had said goodnight to your friends after Hitch returned from her walk around the block. The group was already beginning to feel tired by the time she had gotten back and you still hadn't calmed down from the missed call. You avoided Hitch's eye contact the rest of the ride. However, she didn't give you many chances to initiate. When the limo pulled up to the front of your hotel, Mikasa got out and hugged you.

"Thank you for a fun night," she was squeezing you incredibly hard like she was trying to berid any negative thoughts in your mind. You supposed that your masking didn't do a great job. "Rest up and I'll see you for rehearsal and dinner tomorrow, alright?"

You nodded and did your best to save face as she returned to the limousine. As you watched them turn away, you were finally able to drop the smile and release a full puff of air that made your chest collapse. As you walked to the elevator, you pulled out your cell phone and read over the list of missed calls. At the top was that unrecognizable number that Sasha said belonged to a very recognizable name.

'What does he want? What would I say? Can I even say anything? How did he get my number?' You could feel yourself reverting to old habits of over-questioning and overthinking as you opened the hotel room door. You knew there was a little notification number indicating that there was a new and unread voicemail.

The empty hotel room space was dark and quiet. It was a welcome scenery after being assaulted by the sights and sounds of the club.

You flopped backwards on the bed, staring up at the ceiling and trying to find your answers in the blank space. Suddenly, you heard your cell phone vibrating and that same unrecognizable number appeared on the screen.

At the same time, the door to the hotel room opened again causing you to press the "End Call" button quickly instead of letting it ring out. You ran to the doorway to find Colt slung over Nicolo's shoulders.

"He's a pretty big drinker, huh?" Nicolo said as he grunted past you to toss the lump of a man on the bed.

You stared at the unconscious body, still feeling yourself reeling from the events at the club.