Chapter 22 - Best Friend [M]

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

It's come to my attention that I don't show enough
Of what I think, it's only when I drink, I open up
But I promise that I love to you even with that hairdo
I'm sorry I made fun of it
It's not your fault it looks like shit

I have never tolerated someone for so long
I've never laughed so much, I haven't written a sad song
There's no one else I'd rather fall asleep with and dream with
You're my best friend in the world

It's funny 'cause you drive me half insane
A universe without you would be thoroughly mundane
There's no one else I'd rather fall in love with
And that is my best friend in the world
You're my best friend in the world

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[M] - Mature Chapter

"Alright, this Saturday for my eighteenth we are going to a club," Jean announced with a tinge of mischief in his eyes. The rush of spring break faded, sending you and your friends into the last three months of your high school life. All around you, the lunchroom was loud with students loudly catching up with each other on the sleepy Monday back.

Connie wailed, throwing his head back in disappointment. "What the hell, man? Sasha and I can't even go yet."

Jean smirked as he crossed his arms, flashing a cocky grin across his face as if becoming an adult just ever so slightly before Connie was a significant achievement. You couldn't help but laugh with Mikasa as the two of them squabbled.

"How was apartment hunting?" you asked, trying to divert their loud conversation elsewhere.

Like a puppy, Jean's attention turned to your question as he sat back down, wrapping his arm around Mikasa. "It was great! I think I've fallen in love with city life." He gave Mikasa a beaming smile, whilst playfully shaking her. You were happy to see that their relationship was still blooming with every step they took together. You tried to read Mikasa's face as she looked up at him with a bashful smile. You couldn't tell if she was being shy or making herself seem smaller. Jean continued to explain every detail of their stay in the city. He talked about the rising skyscrapers, the bustling traffic, the smell of public transportation, and the single-bedroom apartment with a balcony that looked over the main downtown street.

"I can just imagine myself just chilling with a nice glass of whiskey," he sighed, looking into a hallucination projected on the lunchroom ceiling. "Wasn't that place perfect?" he asked Mikasa.

Mikasa chuckled and picked at the food in front of her. "It was nice, pretty expensive for the size though." You watched as she kept her eyes down.

"I'm sure we could figure it out," Jean declared, still in a positive mood as he removed his arm to continue eating.