Chapter 25 - Sand In Your Shoes

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

(this is a MUST listen T_T)

Well, I couldn't stand to be in that place
I was just about to leave when I saw your face
You were laughing at me with your beautiful mouth
You said, "You're looking miserable, do you wanna get out?"

When you're only eighteen and you have nothing to lose
And you're living a dream with the sand in your shoes
You said falling in love is easy, it's easy to do

We fell in love with the windows rolled down
Chasing the sunset through another empty town
Your hair was a mess when you would dance on the coast
Your silhouette like some heavenly ghost

Summer skies and warm colored sunsets
And a sunrise sneaking through my blinds
My demise, well, I just can't help but feel so lost

Falling in love is easy to do with the wind in your hair
And the sand in your shoes and though it may hurt
To have your heart broken in two
That didn't stop me from falling for you

Yeah, when you're dancing on the beach
Where the water meets your feet
And a cool ocean breeze is fighting the heat
Falling in love is easy, It's easy to do
It's easy to do, Oh, I'm falling for you

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Introducing the class of 199X!"

You stood in line wearing your robes and cap outside of the grand hall that you and your fellow high school graduates would walk through to your seats. You were surrounded by some familiar faces, of people who shared the same first initial of your last name. They were people that you've stood next to through years of alphabetical lineups. They were people who sat around you during standardized tests. They were people who you'd probably never see again. As the line began to shuffle forward, you looked around the line to try and see your friends. You saw Mikasa near the front, looking back at you down the line a second before passing through the double doors.

It wasn't much longer until you were walking in, seeing the flashes of cameras and lights as troves of family and friends beaming at the line of black and green robes. You felt like an insignificant speck in the long line of graduates. You tried looking for your table of guests only to make awkward eye contact with someone's grandfather and to wave at someone who shared the same haircut as your mother.

Almost militaristically, the line filled in the rows of chairs one by one in front of a large stage with a single podium. It had been a long day of standing in your heels and heavy robes and the relief of the foldable chair that squeaked below you was a welcome sensation.

You sat amongst your peers, listening to the endless ramblings of motivational speeches. Bold statements of "achieving your dreams" and "we are so proud of you" and "the sky's your limit" filled your head. Although they felt like empty statements, you couldn't help but feed into the endless potential for the rest of your life.