Chapter 11 - Trouble

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

(oop not me using two coldplay songs from the same album in a row)

Oh no, I see, a spider web is tangled up with me
And I lost my head, and thought of all the stupid things I'd said
Oh no, what's this? A spider web and I'm caught in the middle
So I turned to run, the thought of all the stupid things I've done

And I, I never meant to cause you trouble
And I, I never meant to do you wrong
And I, well if I ever caused you trouble
Oh no, I never meant to do you harm

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The drive back home was long as you drove through the plains and away from the mountains. The silence between you and Eren was deafening. You could tell that his mind was on fire, but he wasn't doing anything to put out the flames. You had stopped by City Hall early in the morning to sort out Eren's truck that was stuck in the side of a mountain. Thankfully (or unfortunately), this was a regularly occurring incident and arrangements had been made to get it towed and repaired. Although, this was at the expense of lightening Eren's wallet.

You kept your eyes in front of you, pushing ahead and not starting any more conversations. You felt done and empty. The one time you had decided to take a risk backfired.

It had been about 2 hours into the drive before Eren said anything. "I'm really sorry, Y/N."

"What's there to be sorry about?" Your tone was cold and sharp.

"For everything."

You sighed, it seemed like it was the only thing you could do these days. "I don't know what that's supposed to mean, Eren."

He fidgeted in his seat, it was almost distracting to have him so close. "I feel like I keep disappointing you."

"You're not wrong about that," you didn't want to sugarcoat your words any longer. You wanted to protect yourself in these moments, but hiding and pretending only got yourself hurt. You were quickly learning that lesson as things continued to complicate themselves. "I just don't understand. It feels like these last four months, we haven't been on the same page."

Eren was silent, he absorbed your words like a sponge. You gripped your steering wheel harder, the whites of your knuckles coming through.

"You leave me for Hitch, you tell me to go to Armin. I go for Armin, you leave Hitch for me," you felt like you were sweating in your jacket. You wanted nothing more than to pull over and rip the layers off. "I wanted to move forward with Armin, but he broke that. When I tried to run back to you, you were already gone." You saw that Eren's face was stoic and unreadable, but he allowed you the space to air out your thoughts. "It felt like we were on the same page again when you came to find me, but you're pushing me away as soon as I come back. Things are going to hell as soon as things settle.." You had to squint to keep the tears out that were blinding your vision.