Chapter 3 - I Knew This Would Be Love

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

When I saw you waiting at your place, something felt familiar in your face
Oh, you smiled as if to say, I knew my heart was yours from the first day

We were right, we stood through it all
Holding tight whenever we fall
What we found is second to none
I knew, I knew, I knew this would be love

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ :*

It had been a long week of school since Jean's party and many of the students around campus spent most of their school days in recovery mode. Some slept in class, others wore sunglasses indoors. You hadn't seen Eren since nearly kissing him in the basement. It was common for Eren to slip in and out of classes so you didn't worry too much about it.

As lunch period began, you made your way over to Mikasa who was sitting close to Jean. "Hey, you two," you say, sliding onto the bench across from them. Mikasa's cheeks were flushed with red on her skin as she shyly tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. She looks away from Jean and greets you as you sat down.

"Hi Y/N, how was your week?" she asked teasingly. Mikasa had a way of subtly getting on your nerves since she was quite nosy but as one of your best friends, it was part of the job. Your mind flashed back to being in the basement with Eren. You thought of the way he looked in the moonlight. You thought about his pants and how he'd 'Take care of it.' Your unspoken stream of consciousness was abruptly interrupted by Mikasa who said, "Hello? Are you okay in there?"

Jean laughed and gave you a knowing smile. "Mikasa, she's got something to hide, let her hide it." His face suddenly turned serious for a moment and his voice becomes low. "I'm still really sorry about Reiner."

You waved him off, even though the sound of Reiner's name still made your stomach drop. "You don't have to apologize again, Jean. I feel much better now," you said, almost trying to convince yourself.

"Still, he's a cocky piece of shit anyways. He got kicked out as soon as you and Eren left."

You sighed and gave him a grateful look. "I just don't want to see or hear from that guy ever again. I'm still so thankful that Eren got me out of it." You were quick to notice Jean and Mikasa giving each other a secret glance. "By the way, have either of you seen Eren around? I haven't seen him since last Friday night."

You watched them both shrug, not giving you much else to work with. In defeat, you nodded as you took the sandwich out of your bag. At the bottom of it, you found a wrapped cookie that was snuck into your bag. You rolled your eyes, smiling to yourself as Eren continued to leave small traces of himself even when he was gone.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ ・゚ :*

At the end of the day, you found yourself walking home as you wrapped a scarf around your neck. The temperature was dropping quickly and the morning frost covered the unraked leaves on the grass in the morning. There was still no sign of Eren, which both disappointed and worried you. Even though he wasn't as big of a fan of school as you were, you knew that his skipping meant there was something wrong.