Chapter 51 - Glimpse of Us

Featured Lyrics:

Featured Lyrics:

She'd take the world off my shoulders
If it was ever hard to move
She'd turn the rain to a rainbow
When I was living in the blue
Why then, if she is so perfect
Do I still wish that it was you?
Perfect don't mean that it's working
So what can I do?

When you're out of sight
In my mind

'Cause sometimes I look in her eyes
And that's where I find a glimpse of us
And I try to fall for her touch
But I'm thinking of the way it was
Said I'm fine and said I moved on
I'm only here passing time in her arms
Hoping I'll find a glimpse of us

Tell me he savors your glory
Does he laugh the way I did?
Is this a part of your story?
One that I had never lived
Maybe one day you'll feel lonely
And in his eyes, you'll get a glimpse
Maybe you'll start slipping slowly
And find me again

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Five Years Ago

Eren leaned against the hood of his truck near the passenger side door, trying to make it less than obvious that he was waiting for something - for someone. He felt nervous for the first time in a while as his fidgety hands wriggled in his jeans pocket. His birthday always marked the beginning of spring, the beginning of late sunsets, and the beginning of something new.

As the minutes he waited ticked by, he questioned just what he was doing there, waiting outside the local grocery store. Was this the right thing to do? Was this what he wanted at all? Was this the tangential line that finally made its way back to him?

Before he could ruminate any further on his questions, a bright voice entered his mind with another query, forcing him to answer the question he was asking himself. "What are you doing here?"

Eren looked up from the pebbled gravel he was kicking and caught sight of a familiar blonde bob and hazel green eyes. She had draped a deep green apron over her forearm and Eren could see a beige polo underneath her unzipped hoodie. Although there was a tinge of mischief in her eyes, there was a secret satisfaction hidden deeper. An obvious sign that this was exactly what she was hoping for. He glanced at her name tag before fully looking back at her.

'Hitch - Team Member'

"I'm here to pick you up," Eren said as nonchalantly as possible. It had been nearly a year since he last got a look at her, and he had to admit those adolescent flutters he felt around a girl with her beauty were still there. Those flutters felt childish, maybe that's why he had a child-like curiosity about them. "I still need a hand making those cupcakes."

Hitch snickered and closed the gap between them. There were no subtleties in her eyes, making it very clear to Eren that she was pleased to see him. Her words were laced with irony and there was only a single step left. "I said I remembered where your place was."