1.0

The next day, I walked to school alone.
I didn't talk to anyone, I had numerous text from Sammy, multiple from Jack.
But I was done, no longer would I concern myself with them nor will I interact with them.
I got to school with my head up enough to tell, everyone was pointing amd staring at me.
I immediately looked down, everyone whispered and giggled not knowing I can hear their smug, blunt comments.
"There she is, our little pot head" Bethany laughed as her friends surrounded me.
What?
"So tell me Chloe' how was it? Your first time around the stick?" She said earning laughing from her group of followers.
"I-I- don't k-know what you mean" I stumbled as she chuckled.
"Your first time smoking weed kid, we all seen the video" she said.
That caught my attention.
"What?" I said as she took her phone out.
"Everyones talking about your little freak out at the party" she said.
And sure enough, it was a video of me screaming yesterday amd running off.
"Sucks to suck" she laughed pushing my shoulder into the locker and walked away.
Tears welled in my eyes, she had just embarassed me infront of all these people.
I put my books in my bag, and started down the hallway again but with my speed increasing.
I felt as if all eyes were on me, as if I was getting shoved around and talked about. Maybe because its true.
I bumped into someones back to see Sammy.
"Chloe'" he said as I sighed heavily.
"Look Sam" I cut him off before he could speak again.
"We need to stop talking ok? This is too much for me to handle, I'm not like you. I can't deal with all these people , I can't go out and just have a good time. It was nice getting to know you but we can't be friends anymore" I said and brushed past him rushing away.
Tears fell and I continued speed walking, my hair infront of my face as everyone laughed.
"Wooah, slow down there" Someone said grabbing my arm.
"Hey what happened at the party yesterday?"
"I'm sure you already know" I said to Jack snatching my arm away.
Here I am again, running away from all my problems. Seeking the silence that eases my mind.
I heard footsteps, it the background behind me.
Heavy shallow steps.
"Jack stop following me" I said as I turned around facing Jason.
He rose his eyebrow at me and scoffed.
"Don't flatter yourself princess" he said walking towards me.
"You really think he'd chase after you?" he asked as he stood inches away from me.
"He cares more about his image than he does you, you know that right?" he continued.
"He's not gonna let you charm him or tie him down. He's gonna continue to mess around with you until he gets what he wants" Jason said.
"A-and w-what is that" I said as he licked his lips.
"Sex" he said bluntly.
"Nothing more, nothing less. Ask him what he does when he's not with you. I bet its sex, he sleeps around more than a prostitute. He's with Bethany right now" Jason said pointing to an area where the school had abandoned.
I couldn't believe it. It was true. I watched Jack kiss her, then go to her neck as his hands roamed her body.
"Its the awful truth hun, he doesn't want you for you, he wants you for your body" he said into my ear slowly backing away and leaving.
Flash backs of our first encounter went through my head.
Him looking at me in class, him inviting me to his house for the project, him taking me to the lake. All just to see whats under my clothes.
It felt like a whole burned into my chest.
I fell for this shit.
I don't even swear but he's making me.
I let out a cry, slighty it was loud enough for him to hear.
Jack looked up at me, his hair messy and his eyes confused.
"Chlo' ?" he asked as I gasped and tried to go away.
I tripped and fell on my butt, hurrying up and running.
"Chloe' !" He said.
"Wait"
I kept running, praying he didn't catch up and he didn't.
What am I supposed to do with my life?
I might as well end it now, no one loves me anyway.
I shook my head and kept running.
I ran until I got to the middle of no where.
What's to live for if no one will live for you?
No one cares if I'm in their life.
No one.
At this point I don't care about myself.

I sat there laying in the grass, looking up at the sky.
Wishing someone would come for me.

+
Hours later I got up.
I need to go home, my family is probably worried.
I found my way back to the road, walking back to school.
I hummed a song, I remember my dad singing to me before things got bad.
"When the times get bad and things get rough, remember you're a diamond in dust. Worth so much but treated so bad, but just remember the good things that we had. When you get worried, when you get scared just know that I care. When you find out you will see the person your supposed to be" I song the song over and over, trying to bring myself up.
I know it's not the best song, but my dad made it for me when I needed to be strong.
I finally arrived home, unlocking the door and walking in.
"Hey Chloe'" Miranda cheered.
"Hey M" I said as she continued on.
"You have a guest" she said raising her eyebrows.

"Huh" I said confused as I walked in the kitchen and there Jack sat.
He peered up at me and stood up.
"I'll leave you to alone" Miranda said as she walked out.
I put my bag down and sat at the dinning room table.
"Look its not wha-
"Please don't tell me its not what it looks like and it was exactly what it looked like Jack.
I get it, I'm not giving you what you need so you get it from someone who will. Honestly I don't know why I'm saying this, I don't know what we are. Or if we even have something"
He looked lost for words.
I put my hands over my face, shook my head and looked at him.
"Answer me this Jack. Why do you have an interest in me? Don't give me that 'I wasn't aware of the beauty that used to pass me in the hall' shit I want the truth" I said firmly.
"I like you" he said.
"Bullshit Jack. Tell me, tell me that you only wanted me for my body and my looks. Tell me you never really cared. Tell me that you hooked up with Bethany numerous times during the time you were leading me on" I said raising my voice.
"Chloe'" he trailed.
"It's true right?!" I yelled.
"I know it is! This always happens, don't be afraid to be another person in my life who let me down" I yelled as once more tears fell.
"Tell me Jack! Tell me how you don't like me!"
"I don't care anymore, getting my heart broken is part of my daily life now Jack. It's nothing I've never experienced" I went on.
"But don't sugarcoat it and make me think what you said was special, I know I'm not worth shit but you don't have to constantly remind me!".
"Just go" I said getting quiet.
He reached for my arm and I pulled away.
"Just fucking go!" I yelled as Miranda wrapped her arms around me looking at Jack.
"I think it's time for you to go home now Jack" she spoke as I cried into her shoulder.
"I understand" he said lowly and walked past us, right out the door.
Just like everyone else.