chapter 2

DANIELLE'S P.O.V
flasback

"Well done, Ms. Mo,"

I grin instantly as I heard the praise coming from our professor in Chemistry, I can hear my blockmates gasping in shock as I take my paper out of Mr. Kim's hand.

I got a perfect score. Oh, well, it's too easy. Didn't even sweat, didn't even reviewed for it.

"And we also have another student who got a perfect score, your essay in the last chapter was exquisite, Ms. Kang."

I looked around a bit to see just who is Mr. Kim talking about when a girl with cat-like features brazenly stood up and walked towards us with her straight hair and cold but bold visage

Stunning. So, we're tied huh?

I smiled at her as a friendly gesture. But my smile faltered immediately when she glared at me and looked away.

I'm stunned.

Did she just?

I can already feel my blood boil by that. How dare she glare at me?

"Let's give these two a round of applause, everyone."

This is the first time I saw her, is she new here?

She could be new, I've been interacting with the rest of the class for the past few months, I should've known a girl like her is my batchmate if she's not new.

Hmm, why the hell would she glare at me?

"Danielle, please take a sit."

Is she threatened by me? No, it couldn't be. But it could be, ugh. What the hell? Why am I making a fuss over this? Is she an irregular student?

"Ms. Mo, you may take a sit."

She could be an irregular student. There's no doubt about that. She could be an outcast, right? I've known these people for four months and this is the first time I saw this girl.

"Dani,"

I jolted from where I'm standing when somebody grabbed my elbow and pulled me back to my seat.

"You were spacing out, dear." Karina, my friend, whispered.

I quickly apologized to professor Kim, wow, did I really?

I tried to shake off the thoughts of the new girl from my mind. Gah, I hate her already. I was being nice and she glared at me! Tsk!

"Hey, Rina." I called softly, tracing my paper in my hands.

Karina hummed in response, telling me to continue.

"Who's that girl?" I asked curiously

Karina's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I can tell she's bewildered by my question. I usually know people by face, everyone knows I'm friendly and a social butterfly so she probably couldn't believe I don't know that girl.