"I'm sorry I caused all this." I mumbled quietly, my tongue thick in my mouth.

Talking felt weird right now. I knew what I wanted to say, but I felt like I couldn't get my mouth to move the right way to make the words.

Johnny's hand stopped moving in my hair, and pulled me up so I was seated, facing him.

"What did you say?" he asked in a low voice, he sounded angry, and it was sort of scaring me.

"This mess. This... thing. Kade being gone.. I did it. It's my fault. I killed him." I struggled to get the words off of my tongue, out of my mouth, but when I finally did Johnny gripped my arms tightly, mouth struggling to form words.

I couldn't tell what the hell he was feeling; anger, annoyance, anything. I really wasn't able to read it in his expression.

But at that moment, the way he was gripping my arms so tight, it hurt, and all I could see was my dad; not Johnny.

"Aliyah don't you DARE say that. Don't you dare. You know as well as anyone that what happened wasn't your fault. You never could have known he would do it. You weren't thinking when you were talking. If you knew he would even CONSIDER doing it you never would have told him that."

And then Johnny just faded out. He wasn't there anymore. I just saw Kaden. Kade. Tall, pale, blue hair, green eyes. That quirky little grin. Except he wasn't smiling. His eyes were ablaze with anger.

"Why the hell would you do that Sawyer?! WHY?!" he yelled, throwing his hands in the air.

I shrank back against the door, scared. He had never yelled at me like this before. Never.

"I didn't mean to Kade! I swear! I was just... I was nervous about kissing Eddie and Johnny said he'd help me be less nervous but I didn't think he was gonna KISS me or anything! I promise!" I tried to explain, exasperation in my voice.

He looked at me, disgust and anger in his eyes. He had never looked at me like that ever in all the years I had known him.

"Don't even try that bullshit with me. You act like I don't know." he scoffed, crossing his arms, turning his back to me and pacing anxiously around his room.

"Know what?!" I yelled, angry at this point.

"I SEE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT HIM SAWYER. I SEE IT EVERY GODDAMN TIME HE COMES OVER. Like a lovesick little puppy. You can't hide anything from me. It's so blatantly obvious with you. You have feelings for MY boyfriend. MINE. He's gay Sawyer. Fucking gay. Get it through your thick skull." he growled.

I mirrored his body position, arms thrown around myself.

"Oh yeah, he's obviously gay if he came over and made out with me. He broke up with you Kade, get over yourself. If he was sooooo into you, he wouldn't have come over and kissed me, would he?"

I heard the sound of the slap before it registered that he had hit me.

And then I registered the burning feeling on my face with the sound of the slap.

He... he hit. me. He actually hit me.

I stared at him in shock, my hand covering my cheek where his hand had so roughly hit moments before.

He was staring back at me equally surprised, his hand outstretched in front of him, like he didn't know what to do with it.

"Sawyer.. I..." he said, his face paling as he saw my eyes watering up.

I wasn't crying because it hurt. I was crying because of all people, Kaden was the absolute last person I ever expected to hit me.

"Don't even say anything Kaden." I growled, dropping my hands to my sides, fists clenched.