I shoved my mascara into my bag, along with a little flowered hand mirror I had from Forever 21, I could just put that on in the car. I slid my favorite sparkly silver toms onto my feet before tossing my cell phone into my bag as well, my house keys, and the 2 pills I had left, figuring I'd take those, and whatever else Johnny would give me.

I scrambled out of my house, careful to lock the door behind me; my parents were suuuuuuper strict about that; I had gotten into some serious trouble before for forgetting to lock the door.

Johnny was parked across the street, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel as he waited, his head tipped back against the seat, his eyes hidden behind a pair of sunglasses.

He didn't move when I got into the car, he still just... sat there. A part of me wanted to reach over and poke him or something, but I just pulled out my mirror and started applying my mascara. He would move or say something when he was ready. Today was just as hard for him as it was for me. I may have lost my brother, and my best friend, but.... Johnny was in love with Kade. Anybody could see it. So.. when what happened happened, and Kade got so hurt, it was no surprise. Because he loved Johnny just as much.

I always questioned why I was never uncomfortable with Johnny and Kaden's relationship. I mean, I was raised in a family where homosexuality was frowned upon. HIGHLY frowned upon. So when Kaden introduced me to his boyfriend, of course, I was confused.

"You know, you look a lot like your brother Sawyer, you know that." Johnny's voice stated, startling me.

My throat tightened. He never called me Sawyer. He hadn't called me Sawyer since Kade died..

"Don't." I warned him, shoving everything back in my purse.

If he was going to do this then I was leaving. I couldn't handle the past being brought up right now. If I couldn't handle it on a normal day, then it sure as hell wasn't going to be going well today.

Johnny sighed.

"Fine." and left it at that, before starting up the car and carefully backing out, before heading to his house.

*********

I loved Johnny's apartment. And I really think it's because Kade used to take me over here with him so often, I have so many memories associating with him in this place.

"Aliyah... Li... I know, that today is tough... and I know how much you miss your brother. But you need to know, that it hurts me to have lost him just as much as it hurts you... you know that right?"

I didn't say anything. I couldn't honestly. I don't think I could have actually said anything if I wanted to. I just reached over and wrapped my arms around him, burying my head against his neck, crying.

I cried for Kaden. I cried for Johnny. I cried for my mom; my REAL mom. I cried for losing all of my friends. I just cried, and let out everything I had been holding in for so long.

"Shhhh. Shhhh it'll be alright. I promise baby. I promise." Johnny assured me.

And he held me, and just let me cry.

*********

It was a few hours after I broke down sobbing in Johnny's arms. We were laying on his couch in the living room, not talking. I don't really recall when I had stopped crying, all I know is that in the time between then and now I had taken like 6 or 7 oxy, and had had a considerable amount of wine. I don't know why, but I just... loved red wine. It was sweet, and light, and perfect.

Johnny was sitting normally on the couch, and I was curled up with my body resting next to him, my head in his lap. The tv was on but I wasn't really watching it. It was kind of just there for backup noise I guess. Johnny was running his fingers through my hair, it was a comforting gesture.