It was finally the day I had been dreading for a year. June 28, 2011. 5 days after my fifteenth birthday. Exactly one year from the day I found Kade in his room. After that fight.

I had called off work for the day, there was no way I was getting through work today. I could barely get out of bed. Of course, my lovely family were out doing whatever the hell it was they did during the day; Mrs. Mahone was probably at the pool. Touching up her tan. Mr. Mahone was probably at work. And the monster children were hopefully playing in traffic.

My room now was Kade's old room. The day after he died.. The Mahone's took me to the store, and told me to pick out paint. And then they just left me in the room by myself to paint it. Katie had just disappeared the night when I found him. So I did what I was told. I painted over the dark blue Kaden had enjoyed so much, getting rid of any traces of him.

I feel like they wanted to drive me insane. It was my fault he was gone; and now they were making me pack his things up, and get rid of them. I wasn't allowed to keep anything; no pictures. No shirts. No sweatshirts. It was like... He was erased.

I was lying on my bed, just staring at my clock, as always. Watching the minutes pass by. 11 hours, 35 more minutes. Then that would be exactly when I found him. 11 hours 34 minutes.

11 hours 33 minutes.

32 minutes.

31.

30.

29.

I counted a lot, after that day. I may have counted like this before, but it didn't mean anything. I'd count cars, count coins. Count animals. Count my freckles. Little things that didn't matter.

I barely heard the low ding of my phone, informing me I had a text. It took me about 5 minutes to muster up the energy to move, inching off of my bed, across the room to where my phone was sitting on the charger.

It was a text from Johnny.

"Hey kiddo... Did you want to come over? I know that today's gotta be hard.. I can come get you in ten minutes."

I read and re-read and re-re-read the text.

Did I want to go over? Maybe it would be best if I wasn't alone today. Maybe it would be better to go over to Johnny's. I just.. Really didn't feel like getting dressed.

But I needed more Oxy... And I had to see Johnny to get it...

"Sure.. I'll be ready in 10" I sent before dragging myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

******

I didn't put much effort into my appearance, I just pulled on a pair of white cut off denim shorts, and a light pink crop-top. Being the end of June, I had a decent tan at this point, and on top of that, I used a self tanner, so I was a nice bronze color at this point. I clipped my extensions in rather hastily, just running my straightener over them so that they blended with my hair, not worried about them being perfect. I had curled them the day before, so they were sort of wavy right now, which was good because that blended better with my hair anyway. I did my normal face makeup, a little quicker than normal because I had to meet Johnny. Originally I was just going to go without it, but I just looked like I was sick so I refused to go out of the house without it.

I was in the middle of lining my eyes when my phone went off again, Johnny's text letting me know that he was here buzzing across the screen.

"Be right out." I typed quickly before moving my hands back to my eyes, finishing off the winged liner that rimmed the tops.