Chapter 10 " A wife's confession "

" hey... baby... I bring fresh flowers for you... see it's one of your favorites " Jaime said to her wife taking a seat taking a glanced with those monitoring machines.

" baby...please come back I started missing you here... it's more than a month and I won't be tired of waiting for you ... here just come back...please.." whispering her ears with teary eyes she can't help not to feel overwhelmed by her emotions.

A knock snapped Jaime back to reality the door opens slowly Yansen appears with two paper bags both of her hands. Jaime wiped her tears hiding from Yansen wearing a smile for her and approaching hugging her.

" hi cousin, I brought some fruits for you, some little goodies anything you like my dearest Jaime and I want to offer a help staying here with.. O  —  I mean Tara and you can rest it's been a while since you're being here ..." she said placing those gifts in the table.

" Jaime, seemed you made this place like a home I think you need a break. I'll make hotel reservations for you if it's just okay, You need a break really it's more than a month since the incident happen and I care.. " Yansen explaining while preparing serving the food on the table.

"are you sure Yansen?" she replied.

"of course my dearest cousin it's tough you know and your so strong...I can see it and felt it too" she complimented.

" Walter offered me a week ago too, book a hotel and have some rest..." Jaime said.

" hey... it's okay I know how you feel it's been awhile now .." encouraging her looking at Jaime but she was staring at Tara not paying much attention on her.

" anyways can I use your bathroom? god.. this place its like a business suites, minus those machine it almost a Deluxe suites.." she murmured going to the bathroom locates.

Jaime started to take some apples still looking at Tara's in hospital bed sleeping, same scene as she look as days go by. She knows almost the routine those nurses in and out doing their jobs taking care of a coma patient. Doctors doing some rounds sometimes those emergency alarm when goes off it'll creating chaos and panic outside doors.

She immediately look outside, looks like they are reviving the other patient on the next room by the looks on those machines they bring with. Last week they received the devastating news about the other patient who involved the incident already died. A cardiac arrest and it didn't make it anymore. The other patients was sent home yesterday, Jaime felt left behind trying to encourage herself after seeing the others hoping they too can go home.A single tear on Tara's eyes dropped a weeks ago a tiny hope that she hold unto. Jaime believes that Tara really do cares for her and she don't like to make her worry every single day.

* * *

"oh my god! what the - f*ck Jaime is pregnant!? " Yansen covering her mouth silently holding those edges of bathroom sink like something cold water being poured over her head while looking at the test kit result.

" f...k wait, she make a pregnancy test and she leave it here...? meaning she didn't see these results.." she whispered covering her mouth discovering her cousin is pregnant.

Yansen immediately remember Tara Freezes her eggs when they were together and she wanted kids with her. Yansen quickly kept the test on her secret pocket on her dress and went back to Jaime wearing nonchalant expression of her to mask and hide what she knows.

" the reservation is made Jaime.. " she said on her entrance.

" reservations...?" she replied confused.

"made hotel reservations plus, a foot spa just right there" she pointed outside the window

" and I think you really need a good massage after you've been through" she added sounded more excited for her.

"sounds so relaxing Yansen thank you... " she said without looking at her.

"don't worry I'll take care and watched Tara for you in three days is that okay with you? " she sounded very convincing.

" and...after that she's all yours again have a break it's been more than a month Jaime.. " Yansen said encouraging her cousin even if they are not close as Pam, Yansen's younger sister.

* * *

" Otara ... hi ... it's me Yansen.. Your wife funny huh... but Jaime don't have any slightest idea between us, and congratulations by the way because she is pregnant of your baby. My dearest Otara thing that I didn't agree with you having a child in the first place. I learn my lesson, I think a child will solidify and have a bond between couple and their relationships but what else I can do? I don't like kids.. i don't want to bare a child for you..yet, you still respect that with child or no child your cool with it... and I am so guilty about it. Now, Jaime is pregnant and I'm so sorry I didn't tell her the result kit she uses in the bathroom I saw it. She place it on the sink counter she seemed impatient to wait, she left it in there and she didn't even remember to check. Jaime don't have any idea about the result she didn't even bother at all" Yansen said she end up kissing Tara on her forehead.

" here, I want you to have it" she said placing the test kit results on her left hand.

"I'm so sorry... Otara if I cheated it's just I don't know what I want, whom I wanted to be with.. when I'm with the man all I think is you.. but when I'm with you all I think is that man. Its been with several months going back and forth before you finds out god.. I can't even imagine myself those days and right now all I felt is regret Tara. I cannot believe you marry my cousin, even if you use a fake papers presented on her..its just a small world as old sayings.. but despite all of those consequences you made I know you loved her I can see it in youre eyes... the way you looked at her that I didn't witness once before when we were together... " Yansen explaining herself holding Tara's left arm looking the test kit she placed taking glimpsed of monitoring machines are connected starting acting strange.

Watching the monitor screen beeping fast it races several. Tara's responding to her through those vital signs of hers.

" listen...Otara Honey.. I still wanted to call you like that. I don't have anybody right now everywhere I go, I sees you all the pain I caused you... I'm here in your town, reasons I wanted to see you with my cousin. Wanting to convinced myself that your happy and good in the arms of my cousin Jaime. Your so different from the person I knew before. My cousin Jaime loves you dearly so do I...except my heart sorrounded by pain and regret ever since. I don't have any serious relationship after we get decided to separate. I've been with a man and guess what I got pregnant. It's very weird seemed the baby doesn't want me, I had miscarriage and he left. I guess the baby felt I don't like kids and I will not be a good mom, I don't believe in karma but I am convinced it's real. I got pregnant with the man I had a relationship with when we still together. Everytime you make love to me I refused, all I see is him like I said when I'm with him all I sees is you... "

Yansen confessions made the machines acting weird the alarms went off, a couple of doctors and nurses rushed towards the room reviving her doing their jobs to make her stay alive and making her back in less than a minute. The doctor noticed about some improvements observing on her vital signs after she was revived.

Note : (unedited)

We reach Chapter 10 already still reading?
A heavy chapter Indeed!
Thank you for reading and also the patients youve given with me and the Book!
please be aware of errors xx

it's weird but I am a fan of these characters ^^

- M