Episode 4: Beam Attack!

Start from the beginning

Bandana Dee pointed at the next gate. This time, there was a delay in the lights, but Kirby went through the gate, shutting it again. Before him was a tennis ball machine.

Bandana Dee shouted again, "Challenge Two, Endurance! Go one minute without falling into the pit behind you!"

Kirby looked back to see a pit filled with water. Just as he glanced back, he was hit with a bowling ball. It squished against him, but did push him back toward the pit. Kirby sensed the next one coming and jumped out of the way.

Now, Kirby was facing the machine, and was able to tell when the next one would hit. He struggled for a good ten seconds before getting an idea.

He opened his mouth and let the balls fly in. (Don't you dare take this out of context)

Bandana Dee stared, amazed at what he was looking at, "That's one way to defend yourself." He said, reaching for the bell. With a ring, it was official. Kirby had survived one minute of this deadly dodgeball game.

He ran through a gate, shutting it yet again. Bandana Dee pulled out his megaphone. 

"Challenge Three!" He screamed, "Intelligence!"

Kirby looked beyond him and saw a screen and a tablet. A question appeared on the screen. Bandana Dee continued, "Tap the correct answer to three questions, and you pass!"

Unfortunately, Kirby can't read, so he just tapped a few random part of the tablet. Each one just happened to be a correct answer.

Bandana Dee shouted, "Oh, my Nova! He answered 2/5, 723-856, and 13 to the power of 5! He's a waddling genius!"

Kirby drooled on himself as the bell rang. Meanwhile, Dedede noticed something, "Ey, Zero!" He whispered.

Huh-What?

"I don't know bout this, Kirbeh seems pretty lucky."

Hmm? What's wrong?

"What if he guesses that you're on mah head?"

Come, now. You're amazing at keeping me a secret! He won't find out.

"I'm still scared..."

Hmm... if he's lucky, we need something that luck won't help him with.

"Like what?"

Hmm...

Zero's eye, peering from the royal crown, looked around. It was hard to find anything that wouldn't be affected by luck. Eventually, he got an idea, and summoned a dark matter from the castle.

Meanwhile, Kirby ran through the last gate, shutting it behind him. He saw Blade Knight hanging from a rope.

"Oi, help me! I'm all tied up!" He shouted.

There was a cackle in the background, followed by coughing. After that, a voice rang out.

"Ahh, Kirby!" An eye peered from the darkness. "You're strong, but no match for my..." Waddle Doo stepped out from the shadows, "BEAM ATTACK!"

Bandana Dee shouted, blowing an air horn as well, "Final Challenge! The simulation! Save Blade Knight from being dunked into the water!"

A trapdoor opened beneath Blade Knight, revealing a pit of water. Kirby looked around for something that he could use. After about ten seconds, he just tried to inhale Blade Knight out of the rope. The rope was too tight around him, but his sword flew into Kirby's mouth.

With a swallow, he became Sword Kirby. Waddle Doo got nervous and stepped back, but eventually did (and shouted), "Beam Attack". This caused a whip of electricity to be swung directly from his eyeball. Kirby dodged it and ran directly at Blade Knight.