three

"What? What is it?" Axel said shooting upright in a panic.

"We need to go," Regulus whispered through the darkness.

It was early in the morning and Mr and Mrs Black were still asleep. Regulus took this as his time to sneak out with Axel. She grumbled under her breath then grabbed her bag and Regulus' hand to apparate.

"Where are we?" Axel asked looking around.

She searched the empty street for a sign. When she found it she nearly passed out in excitement. Axel and Regulus had appeared at Spinners End.

"Snape." She whispered to herself.

Regulus merely glanced at her before taking her hand and leading her down the street. In the little time he'd gotten to know her he'd already gotten used to her whispering the right answer without him telling her, no matter how strange it was. They walked down the street and Regulus continued to pull Axel. She was not a morning person so she didn't find it nice to be dragged through the streets before the sun came up.

"You already know who he is, obviously, so I assume you know what he's like." Regulus said once they were outside of a tall, black house.

Axel nodded and watched as Regulus rang the doorbell. He was happy not to have to explain the bad attitude Snape had seemingly all the damn time. They waited only a minute before the door swung open. Severus Snape looked exactly like Axel had imaged, he had greasy hair and a hooked nose, he was relatively tall and slightly muscular. Axel took a deep breath and waited for him to speak.

"Regulus?" He said in his deep, chilling voice.

"Sorry to come so early Severus but I needed a place that no one would find me," Regulus said looking up to Snape.

Snape nodded and opened the door wider so Regulus could enter. Axel was about to follow when the door closed slightly, refusing her entrance. She looked up saw Snape staring at her.

"And who are you?" He said narrowing his eyes.

"Umm-" She felt like she was meeting her favorite celebrities. The only difference was that the celebrities didn't know they were famous.

"Severus, would you just let the girl in?" Regulus chimed from inside with an irritated tone to his voice.

Snape glared for a moment before opening the door wider. Axel practically ran inside and met Regulus in the nearest room-Snape's study.

"You need to tell Severus," Regulus said once he saw her.

She stiffened but nodded.

"Tell me what?" Snape said as he walked into the musky room.

Axel felt her cheeks flush in the presence of a young Snape. He was always one of her favorite characters so being this close to him gave her butterflies.

"There's something weird going on and somehow this Muggle knows the future," Regulus said as he took a seat in the armchair.

"The future?" Severus said looking at him quizzically.

"Yes, she's got these books about Potter's kid." Regulus spoke with a slight edge to his voice.

"That's impossible. The child isn't even born yet." Snape scoffed.

"She's been kicked out of her house and I know you've got an extra room so can she stay here?" Regulus said rubbing his eyes.

The sun had begun to rise and Axel watched the exchange between the Death Eaters feeling a lot less tired than she did previously.

"No. I won't allow some lying Muggle to stay with me!" Snape snapped.

"I don't know what it is Severus but I trust her. She wants to help fight the war."

Snape's glare deepened.

"Regulus, you've started a battle that won't end well. The Dark Lord will find out." Snape said to the teen.

"Severus, I regret even joining this thing and this girl might be our only hope!" Regulus spoke louder with despiration in his voice.

Snape sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Tell me what you know." He said addressing Axel.

"Well, I don't know all about the future but I do know a little about what might happen if we let it play out. I know about the past... I know about your past." She said gaining Snape's attention.

"You love Lily. You called her a Mudblood and you've never forgiven yourself. You met her for the first time when you watched her play with her sister, Petunia. You're a Death Eater and-" She said before jumped in realization to something.

'What?' Regulus said looking around.

"Professor Snape, please tell me you haven't told the prophecy." She said feeling her heart rate quicken.

"I'm not a Professor but no I haven't told a prophesy and I have no idea what you're talking about." He sneered.

"We're already on the right track." She said sighing. The two men looked at her and gaped in confusion.

"I need you guys to trust me." She finally said after a moment of silence.

Regulus nodded his head and Severus looked paler than usual.

"If you can help protect Lily then I'll help." Severus finally said.

Axel smiled at her two new accomplices.

"Now, how about that room? Mr. Black over there thought waking a homeless girl on her park bench was a nice thing to do.' Axel said smirking.

Severus nodded and lead her to the second floor of his home.

"Washrooms on the left. My rooms across from yours and if you need anything, I'll be downstairs." He said calmly, much more relaxed than before but still untrusting of Axel.

She gave him her thanks and made her way to the room. It was small with a double bed. She drew the curtains closed and dropped her bag before climbing into the comfy bed and falling instantly asleep. Hours later Axel woke and stretched. Somehow, she felt more relaxed than she normally did. Maybe it was being away from her father that gave her a sense of relaxation. She walked gingerly to the window and drew open the curtain letting the light of the sun stream in. She grabbed her bag and changed into a new set of clothes. She'd been wearing the same clothes for a while now and felt like she needed a new outfit that didn't hold the grime of her old home. Once she was dressed in some simple black skinny jeans and an old Beatles band shirt she hobbled downstairs. When she reached an unfamiliar seating area she found a note on the table.