Chapter 48: Fire Red & Leaf Green (1)

Start from the beginning

.

And that's all folks! Thanks for reading!
_____________

Chapter 48: Fire Red & Leaf Green (1)

The night before the Semi-Finals…

"Pikapi…" the electric mouse cooed with concern.

The other members of the team watched with the same expression as their yellow leader as they watched their Trainer reapplying some first aid on his injured legs.

"Hmm?" the raven-haired boy cocked an eyebrow at the worrying looks sent his way before realizing his Pokémon's feelings.

"Oh, sorry. I'll prepare dinner for you guys first then," he said, completely oblivious to his Pokémon's wishes.

A now recovered Snorlax immediately stopped Ash from getting up as the giant was more worried about him than his promised feast. More cries of frustration and roars of reprimanding were vented towards their stubborn Trainer.

"…You want me to continue bandaging myself?" the boy asked to which everyone gave an instant nod.

"Alright, alright. I'll be done in a bit," he chuckled as he continued applying the gauze around the lacerations created by his unknown power.

'They didn't have to worry this much though,' he winced slightly as he tied the gauze as a final touch.

Finishing his own treatment, Ash looked towards his Pokémon with a soft smile. He was proud of his team and vowed to make the best meals that night as their reward. After all, the raven-haired boy believed that good food was justice.

"I'm really blessed to have you guys," he grinned with a heartfelt tone before clapping his hands together.

PAM!

"Alrighty, who's ready for dinner?"

And the team cheered excitedly for their Trainer's meal.

While on the run from Team Rocket, the raven-haired boy had to fend for himself and his Pokémon without causing trouble in populated areas. Ash learnt that first-hand when some Rocket grunts invaded a PokeCentre where he stayed just to retrieve their missing asset, Cubone. Although a young Cubone was not worth that highly compared to a grown Marowak's skull, Team Rocket would never allow a mere child to get away after crossing them.

'At least Giovanni's in prison now…' Ash mused as he carried a pot the size of his torso to his happy round giant.

"As promised, ya' big goof."

Snorlax gladly gobbled the delicious food that Ash had prepared while the latter continued cooking the reinforcements.

Ash had no formal training as a chef but after months of trial and error, he became capable of discerning ingredients from harmful ones and their nutritional values to keep his Pokémon healthy. A skill that was born from escaping Team Rocket turned into a rather pleasant pastime for the raven-haired boy. And he was getting better.

After the hefty meal, Ash had returned all his Pokémon except Pikachu into their respective Balls. His partner was snuggled into the boy's arms and had departed to dreamland, prompting his Trainer to get the electric mouse as comfortable as possible.

The raven-haired boy was ambling around the accommodations, trying to find someone. It was late, but he had no time nor need for sleep until the task in his mind is completed.

'Where's the…' he pondered before his prayers were answered.

"Ash?" a voice called out.

'Bingo.'