290: Kage Summit (3)

Comincia dall'inizio

'Madara's' single eye gleamed at the acquisition as Neji continued.

"Thus, I stand opposed to him, even though our goals align. Once the time to cast the Genjutsu finally comes, I will take him down to cast the Jutsu myself. I don't need to be the Ten Tails' Jinchuuriki for that."

The room grew immensely tense as the Kages sweated, while the masked Uchiha seemed to scowl under his mask.

"You sound very self-proclaimed." said Mei after a while. "Disgusting."

After that, 'Madara' spoke for the first time.

"...You are a very confident man indeed," said the masked Uchiha. "However, do you think I will allow you to cast the Genjutsu? Do you think you can defeat me if I decide to fight, if we clash?"

"We can find that out right away, if you want." Neji smirked at him. "Though I wish not. I hope you'll rather finish the job for me and allow me to strike at the right time. You see, I don't wish to be the Ten Tails' Jinchuuriki, I find the whole Jinchuuriki thing disgusting. That's the only reason I am even allowing you to do this, you know?"

"...."

—-

Neji watched Obito fall silent as his lies.

The things he just said weren't the truth, of course. The true problem with being the Jinchuuriki was, that the person who'll be the Jhinchuuriki of the Ten Tails would inevitably die as 'Kaguya' will appear from within him. That was probably the one thing that could actually kill the current Neji. So he surely couldn't be that person, he needed a scapegoat.

However, Neji was lying about casting the Infinite Tsukuyomi himself. That was just to create a sense of animosity against both Obito and the Kages. Because in his current situation, it was better to appear as a villain than a hero.

"However, there is a slight problem with that. I may not be able to stop you, because you may not be in my reach when you become the Jinchuurki." Neji said. "You have all the tailed beasts, which means you can summon the Tailed Tailed Beast anywhere, at any time. You can just do that in some cave and then cast the Genjutsu. That's not fun. If there is no war, there is no fun."

After all, the Fourth Great Ninja War only started in the canon timeline because Obito couldn't get his hands on Naruto's Nine Tailed Chakra. If he had done so, no such war would have started– just like in this timeline.

So, it fell upon Neji to do something to bring him out in the war.

If Neji's snowflake girlfriend Yaomomo was still around, she would have definitely asked– 'Why? You already have everything needed to summon the girl you have been looking for an entire month. So why delay it, moreover by threatening people's lives?'

However, this was an unavoidable situation. If he hadn't ever stepped into this world, the war would have happened anyway. Those people would have died anyway. So why not die in his hands? He would gain his much needed experience points, in exchange.

Unlike the people of My Hero Academia, no Ninja in this world was innocent. A purge of their ranks would be rather good for this world as a whole. More so, it will allow people to easily accept him as their 'God' when he decides to actually take over the world.

So, a war was for the better. In the grand scheme of things that'd increase the chances of survivability for Neji and his loved ones.

Neji's hands slipped into thin air and, very casually, pulled the space apart. Creating a door in the air for a man– a clone of Neji– to walk out of the portal.

However, the clone wasn't alone. He had someone unconscious in his grasp.

The pressure in the room shifted once more as Raikage's frown threatened to break his face seeing the person who the clone Neji brought. It was actually surprising how this Kage had held in for so long, at all.