244: Foxy Bitches (1)

Chapter 244: Foxy Bitches (1)

[New Quest, "Tailed Beast Rampage", has been created!]

Neji was confused and overall shocked, so he didn't bother looking at the details of the quest.

He hadn't kept his eyes on the Hyuga Compounds during his date, or he would have noticed this. Something happened and the previous main family of Hyugas made Midnight and Nagant into two Nine-Tailed Beasts. Somehow, either by force or the former heroes cooperated for some reason.

However, they weren't Jinjurikis. No, they had become the beast itself.

There was also Naruto a bit far from the battlefield, and no one seemed to pay any attention to his dead body. But Neji did. His «Lord's Eye» saw the fine hole inside the boy's head. He was shot. By a weapon that shouldn't exist in this world.

Nagant.

She shot him.

Then it made sense how Naruto Uzumaki, the fucking main character of this world, died. An outer variable took action, something that shouldn't have happened had happened, and was thereby forced to be fixed by the will of the world, where instead of the Nine-Tails dying as it should, it rather merged with the variables' existence. Neji doubted that Nagant and Midnight were killed, or got their existence devoured, since their Stats showed their names still. Their minds were just in an unstable state.

Confused and eager for an answer to what led to this situation, Neji decided to save the two women. The ten Hyugas his Shadowclone had noticed earlier were dead by now since they were the closest to the two beasts in their wake, so he couldn't ask them.

"Everyone," Neji said, looking back at the shocked faces of his and Asuma's team. "You grab the people fighting and the ones knocked out, the ones who are alive anyway. Take them out of here. I will take care of the foxes."

"What?" Asuma exclaimed in disbelief. "They aren't something you alone can handle on your o-" Asuma, being the oldest one, tried to oppose but the cat-Neji just growled like a beast.

"Do as I say before they kill you all. I am strong enough to take care of myself." he said, watching Temari, Tenten, and Hanabi nod immediately. They knew what he could do, and had no point in disobeying him, so they ran towards the few surviving Ninjas who had run here after noticing the commotions, and were still fighting.

Team Asuma grumbled but soon followed behind Team Neji.

"Be careful." Ino said while running.

—-

Rather than jumping on the beasts right away, Neji decided to observe the situation for a minute.

The first thing he noticed was a black-and-white cat, with suspicious chakra pathways, lurking in the shadows. That, coupled with «Observe» whose range limits were bypassed by his Lord's Eye, he could see the name of the cat. Samui.

Was she involved in this?

It looked unlikely, since she was in the back, and pretty much hiding, but there was a chance. Annoyed and suspicious, he sent one of his clones behind her, watching her meow in fright like any usual cat, before Neji hit her acupuncture point under her neck and watched her cat form change to her original, human one once she was knocked out.

He put her in his inventory and cancelled the Shadowclone.

Then his eyes expanded all over Konoha to notice frightened civilians scrambling all around the village, avoiding the crumbling mountain and buildings that were falling because of the two rampaging beasts. Most of the Ninjas currently present in the village were busy saving the civilians who were about to get hit by the earthquake, calming them down, and taking them to shelters or out of the village.