278: Naruto (1)

Chapter 278: Naruto (1)

[More than a week ago]

Naruto Uzumaki woke up in a bed, realising he was tied against it. However, he didn't freak out. Strangely, he didn't feel any danger.

"You are finally up?" asked a voice, the owner of which stepped out of the shadow to stand against the wall.

A man wearing a swirling, orange mask. Naruto recalled hearing something about that mask, but he couldn't really remember what. However, even without that information, the fact that the man was wearing the Akatsuki uniform already made Naruto understand this guy wasn't anyone good.

Yet, again, strangely, he didn't feel fear.

"Did you bring me here?" asked Naruto, immediately frowning to himself as he realised how deep and confident his voice sounded now. "...What did you do to me?"

"I did nothing." the man said, his voice high-pitched as he shrugged. "It was all Neji Hyuga who did this to you."

Naruto frowned. Neji? What did he-

His eyes widened as he remembered.

That's right. Sakura and Neji were...

Naruto's body shook, the restraints on the bed doing their best to stop it, as he felt a yellow cloak of chakra appear and reappear around him.

"Neji! Neji! Neji! Free me, I will kill him!" Naruto cried, roaring in the voice of a beast that had merged with him. "You! Free me! I will have to kill Neji! Sakura as well! Free me!!!"

"Haaah," the masked man sighed, shaking his head- before he abruptly looked at Naruto's eyes, his one single eye shining in a familiar red hue, as Naruto froze. A deep, booming voice erupted from the masked man, "Calm down, Naruto."

Naruto, pausing for a moment, released a grunt as the yellow cloak started to vanish from around him.

— -

After calming down, Naruto had a long talk with the man wielding the Sharingan.

He was the leader of Akatsuki, Obito Uchiha, who's using the alias of Madara Uchiha.

First time, the man had lied about being Madara. But Naruto could sense emotions now, strangely, which allowed him to tell if someone was lying or not. This 'Tobi' fellow was lying to him at first, and when Naruto pointed that out he had fallen silent for a long while before revealing his true identity, one where Naruto found him telling the truth.

As proof, he even showed Naruto a picture of the former Team 7, the one which Kakashi was part of. Along with Obito and a girl named Rin. Most of all, the team was led by Minato Namikaze– the 4th Hokage who was also... Naruto's father.

Naruto met the man before waking up. Actually, he met two people before waking up. First was the Sage of the Six Paths himself, and then it was the 4th Hokage.

The Sage of Six Paths, an exotic-looking old man, told him how he died. That he was shot by another world'er woman, who worked under Neji, and that had... died as a result.

Naruto couldn't understand. Did Neji plan this? Was that bastard not satisfied with Sakura alone and so he wanted him dead as well? That backstabber!

The Sage of Six Paths had no answer to that, apparently, he didn't know everything. However, he promised Naruto another chance, where he would live, where he would be revived, and his goal would be to put an end to something that is called the Cycle of Hate surrounding him and Sasuke.

Naruto didn't mind that. He was fine with that. After all, if he got a second chance, along with a power boost, he could take revenge against Neji.

After the Sage of Six Paths vanished, there came someone else. The 4th Hokage, his own father, the man who had sealed the demonic beast inside him.