253: Mission & Deviation

Chapter 253: Mission & Deviation

At the same time,

Sasuke Uchiha was pleased with the recent development of his plans.

He killed Orochimaru just two days after his encounter with Naruto. With his Mangekyo Sharingan, Sasuke saw no need to stay with Orochimaru any longer. So they fought which resulted in the death of Orochimaru.

Now, a few days later, he was travelling, in search of the hideouts of Orochimaru spread all around the ninja world. He had already recruited Suigetsu Hozuki – one of Orochimaru's former test subjects and just finished recruiting Karin Uzumaki as well.

"Suigetsu, why are you hanging around with Sasuke?" Karin asked, looking at Suigetsu with a frown.

The team was taking a rest on the shadow of a small hill because the white-haired water boy was tired and (ironically) dehydrated. It was silent for the first minute before Karin had opened her mouth. Sasuke listened to their exchange silently.

"I've got my own reasons," Suigetsu shrugged. "You could say it's a mutually beneficial relationship. I can ask you the same question—what about you?"

"I don't know what you guys want," Karin dismissed his question. "But Jugo isn't the type to be recruited. You guys are really heading to the northern hideout just for him?"

Sasuke listened to the exchange as Karin explained Jugo's condition; how the man wanted to control his urge to slaughter. Suigetsu called that a headache – a problem – but Sasuke smirked in his mind at that information. He had heard the rumours, but receiving solid word on that was relieving. The reason he wanted Jugo in his team was because of that tendency, to begin with.

A few minutes later, they continued their walk. The hideout was still a few hours away from here, but Sasuke realised going there anymore would be meaningless when they came across one of Orochimaru's people from the northern hideout, beaten and injured as he laid on the ground.

Apparently, the news of Orochimaru's death had travelled to all the bases. It would still take a while more for the whole world to hear the news, but in any case – the northern hideout fell into an uproar when the news reached there and Jugo massacred everyone. This one guy seemed to have survived out of pure luck.

Sasuke dug his sword through the man's heart after he got all possible valuable information from the man. Karin and Suigetsu exchanged glances but said nothing.

"Be on guard, he is here," Sasuke said as he wielded his sword and looked in the far distance with his sharingan. "There."

Just as he spoke, a blur jumped from one hill to another and stopped just a few metres in front of them – glaring at Sasuke.

Suigetsu frowned. "What is that thing?"

That thing was Jugo, the originator of cursed marks.

"Hn," Sasuke hmphed at the living monster. Finally, it was here.

—-

A few hours later, by the time it was night – Jugo had already healed from being beaten by Sasuke and had woken up. After some discussion – with Jugo learning about Sasuke' identity and remembering Kimimaro's words about Sasuke was the white-haired boy's "reincarnation" – the ginger-head finally agreed to join Sasuke's team.

Excellent. Sasuke was pleased. Now he had an entire Ninja team's worth of people. He liked doing things alone, but he had to admit having a squad made things tons of times easier.

They were resting in a cave, with a bonfire in the middle of it, having eaten their dinner. The group wasn't exactly getting along, nor were they chatting, but it was a good start. Then-