208: New Start (2)

Chapter 208: New Start (2)

Neji Hyuga was born within the branch family of the esteemed Hyuga Clan of the Leaf Village, one of the five great hidden villages.

However, although a branch member he was, he was special. He didn't have the pale white eyes of the Hyugas, no. Even though he was a pureblooded Hyuga, he didn't have the clan's Byakugan.

In the beginning of his life, he was viewed as a disappointment, a disgrace to the Hyuga clan for not having the Byakugan even though he was the child of the branch head. So much so that he was ordered to wear a blindfold every time he went out of the clan compound in order to hide his "shameful eyes".

However, things changed on the 8th birthday of the Hyuga princess, Hinata Hyuga. She was attempted to be kidnapped by a Lightning Village ninja, however the nine-year-old Neji Hyuga managed to kill the enemy Jounin by snapping his neck with an unknown "telekinesis jutsu", therefore saving Hinata's life.

Soon the Lightning Village demanded for the Head of the Hyuga clan because everyone assumed it was he who killed the assassin, not Neji because it wouldn't make sense for an untrained 9-year-old to be that strong.

In the end, the Head's twin brother, who was also Neji's father, agreed to be sent in his brother's spot since it was his son's "fault" to begin with.

However, even after the saving of his daughter and sacrifice of his brother, the Hyuga head only saw the young Neji as a treasure vault, someone who was born with... the legendary eyes of reincarnation.

As it turned out, Neji wasn't born without the Byakugan, no. He was born with a pair of eyes that were the evolution of that eye, something that only the Head knew the story of.

The mythical Tenseigan.

Now that Neji was an orphan, his mother having died while giving birth to him and his father sacrificed, he didn't have anyone to protect him when the clan head demanded his eyes to be transplanted onto himself.

Doctor announced the operation of the eye transplant will kill Neji, but the Head didn't care for the boy's life. However, fortunately, it turned out that the receiver of the eye would need to be at the end of adolescence, meaning more than 19 years old. Any more or any lower than that age would cause the receiver to receive consequences too.

Angry as he was, the head kept a cool demeanour and came out with a solution. He wouldn't receive the eyes, instead his eldest daughter would. Meaning that Hinata Hyuga, the same person that Neji saved, would take his life on her 20th birthday, December 27th.

This was the month of October, date 27th. Meaning that incident would happen in exactly 2 more months. To that day, Neji Hyuga was ordered to wear blindfolds to hide his mythical eyes, unable to disobey because of the curse seal on his forehead.

—-★-—

['The Will of the Omniverse's Blessing' has detected the Hyuga Curse Seal placed on you and devoured it. You have learned how to cast the Hyuga Curse seal.]

[You have received a memory package!]

[Do you want to accept it?]

[Y/N]

Neji wasn't surprised at the first message. Now that the primordial curse didn't exist, the omniversal blessing would save him from any curse and ill effects. Hyuga Curse Seal was too insignificant for it to even be a consideration for it. Though he appreciated the knowledge to cast the seal onto others now. That was basically an enslavement spell, initiating great pain to a target with this seal if they disobeyed him.