256: Kumo & Konoha (2)

Chapter 256: Kumo & Konoha (2)

Tsunade was... tired.

Even with her body severed in two, as she laid on the destroyed—brought down to the dust—terrain of Konoha, she didn't feel any pain or frustration. She just felt tired and... helpless.

Danzo gave his all—using his eleven Sharingans that Tsunade felt disgusted just by thinking how he got them—but he lost. Against Hiruko he fared well enough to stay alive—but when that living God walked upon them, crushing the entirety of Konoha under his floating figure, Danzo fell even with his Izanagi.

The village's most competent Ninjas were gone. Though it might have been the reason for why the village lost—it also meant that Konoha still had a chance to survive. As long as those Ninjas were alive... so will the village.

But...

Will they survive?

They were running after Neji, and the terrorists who destroyed the village—the Akatsuki—were also after Neji. So the chance was high that they would meet each other on the way. If that happened... Tsunade just hoped Neji would be close enough to help them.

But then again, was even Neji strong enough to go against a God...?

The Akatsuki were after the Nine-Tails, both of whom had left the village with Neji. The criminal group didn't believe Danzo no matter how many times he told them that the beasts weren't here and had left with Neji but he had no idea where they left.

At last, when the village was destroyed and Tsunade told them that (the now dead) Danzo was telling the truth they still used ‹The King of Hell› technique to test out her words. She complied since she had nothing to lie for at that point, but she also threatened them, wishing them "good luck" in stealing the tailed-beasts from Neji, if they had the guts.

But truthfully... not only was she bluffing—not very sure if Neji was strong enough to defeat these criminals—her statement also accomplished to anger them greatly, leading to her current state.

The being who called himself "Pain" threw sharp black rods at her, impaling her to the ground. Then Hiruko severed her body in two while the girl of the team, Konan, destroyed her lower half with explosion seals, leaving her severed torso lying down here to die slowly. Now, only Tsunade's ‹Mitotic Regeneration› seal was barely keeping her alive.

The worse thing was, that her torso was still impaled by Pain's chakra-blocking rods. They couldn't entirely disrupt the flow of her immense chakra within the Seal of Hundred, so she could still regenerate but that won't last long because the rods were doing a damn good job at making her regeneration mostly ineffective.

...She was dying.

She could feel it, her life... slowly but vividly leaving her, the unimaginable pain making her five senses fail—making her world hollow—as she estimated a mere three minutes before her body gave up.

'Why am I even resisting it...' the question presented itself in front of her as her vision grew darker. 'What am I even waiting for? Why not just... let go? That'd make all this pain vanish...'

That'd make things easier.

To just let go. To just... not struggle.

The world grew darker and Tsunade Senju's thoughts came to a stop. She saw the answer to all her 'Whys' appear in her dark, distorted vision, crouching down as he brought her to a hug after making the black rods vanish in thin air with a touch.

'Neji...' Tsunade smiled. Oh god, she wanted to see him one last time before she perished. How lucky, she was having a hallucination of him. 'I...-'