18. Dragon glass

'What's that?' Benny asked looking to the blade in Benjens hand

''You never seen a knife before?'' Katie mused.

''Looks like dragon glass,'' benny remarked

''What of it?'' Dean spat

''You got a walker problem?'' Benny countered

''You know of the white walkers?'' Benjen retorted.

''I thought they were long gone.'' Benny admitted. ''Only two ways I know of to kill them. Nasty fuckers.''

''How old are you again?'' Katie asked and benny smirked back at her

''Dragon glass. Blades forged of it like you got there.'' Benny went on ''-and burning them.'' Benny said confidently ''Burning the dead so they dont come back.''

''Burning.'' katie repeated ''usually does it.'' She agreed. ''What's burned don't come back.'' Dean held up his hand and katie high fived him.

"Seriously though how old are you?" Katie asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Benny countered.

"Yes. I would. That's why I asked." Katie agreed.

"I was alive, alive during the targaryens rule." Benny informed them.

"Which Targaryens?" Benjen countered.

"King Jaehaerys." Benny told them.

"Shit!" Dean declared. "You were like in the thick of the madness."

"I died shortly after Viserys rule began." Benny remarked. "And became this fine hunk of vampire you see today." He winked back at Katie but she rolled her eyes, Benjen pulled her closer as they walked. "Those were some good times." Benny remarked.

"Being dead but living?" Katie countered.

"Exactly." Benny agreed.

"So you ever met the royal family?" Dean asked waggling his eyebrows.

"Met?" Benny chuckled. "I fucked the princess."

"Which one?"

"Which one, come on man, Davina Targaryen." Benny exclaimed.

"You knew Davina!" Katie declared and Dean hushed her. "She is like my idol!" Katie told them. "Total bad ass right?"

"Total." Benny agreed.

"How did you come to meet one of the troubled twins?" Benjen asked.

"Well that my very human friend is a funny story." Benny remarked. "Her twin brother had just bailed on her again and I was a knight on the kings guard..."

~

"I might as well say this while I'm drunk." Davina remarked holding up her cup to Benny and another knight Criston.

'Oh no." Rhaenyra chuckled.

"Maybe save the burn the queen for... never.' Benny offered.

"What? Who said anything about burning?" Davina questioned.

"It does happen to be your style." Benny remarked.

""No, I'm drunk not... entirely murderous. It's a wedding, I only kill my husbands." Davina remarked taking Benny's drink. "The truth is I think I've had enough. I got to get Daemon out of my head." Davina told them. "I just cut him off."

"Good for you." Rhaenyra declared.

"You're not drunk enough." Davina remarked.

"Let's get you some cake to soak up that wine?" Benny suggested.

"Do they have-'

'No." Rhaenyra cut in.

"WHAT?" Davina shouted. "You jest."

"I never jest about cake. Alicent doesn't like carrot cake." Rhaenyra told her.

"BITCH!" Viserys stared back at her. "NOT YOU!" Davina pointed a drunk finger at him. "WHERE'S MY CARROT CAKE!" Viserys just shook his head. "I'm taking you and you and you and..." Davina pointed a finger around. "Rhaenyra there are two of you, you didn't tell me you were a twin." Davina mused as Rhaenyra grabbed her hand.

"How much did you have to drink?"

"A lot." Davina agreed. "Let's blow this shit show!" Davina declared the biggest smile on her face. "Come on boys, I'm too drunk to be of any use in a fight." Davina informed them.

"Targaryen's are trouble." Criston remarked as they followed Rhaenyra and Davina.

"I like trouble." Benny countered. Viserys watched them leave. Alicent was less than pleased about her union and what was to come, the bedding ceremony, she watched through a pained breath as her once best friend left her wedding.

''This is my revival. I will walk through the fire. I feel like I've awakened. The chains around me are finally breaking."

"Good.... good." Rhaenyra agreed.

"It doesn't seem fair that Viserys is getting laid and we are not." Davina remarked. 'We are gorgeous, Viserys is... Viserys." Rhaenyra chuckled.

"You cut him off and you are ready for a revival?" Rhaenyra questioned.

'I've been under self-restoration," Davina agreed.

"Within the past hour?" Benny mused.

"I like you." Davina remarked. "You are not a pansy like Criston.' Davina remarked leaning into him.

"A Pansy, Princess?" Criston questioned his face scrunched up.

"Drop the princess bullshit, we are getting cake and I'm getting this one drunk." Davina told him. "You two, are required to get minimally drunk as well." Davina hiccupped.

"CAKE!" Rhaenyra declared pulling Davina along.

"We want everything!" Davina declared and the woman stared back at them a moment before nodding. "Mainly carrot cake though."

"The royal wedding-'

'Didn't have fucking carrot cake!" Davina declared. "If you don't I'm sending fury down on flee bottom and this whole place will explode, I'm sure of that."

"She is just drunk and won't send her fire breathing dragon down upon you." Benny assured but he liked that fire and fearlessness in Davina Targaryen.

"Says you. This is me on a good day, ive never been to a wedding I enjoyed." Davina added. "So right now, drunk me. is happy and in a state of bliss."

"So you need to be drunk to be happy?" Benny questioned as the woman brought back an array of cake for them to sample.

"On weddings, yes." Davina agreed. "eat up."

''Try this one Auntie." Rhaenyra said bringing a fork up to Davina but it smeared across her cheek instead.

"Yes..." Davina stuck her tongue out. "My cheek and eye found that very delicious." Davina agreed.

"You got something." Benny remarked pointing at his own cheek.

"Do I? I had no idea." Davina grinned back at him.

"I got it." Benny leaned forward and ran his tongue along her cheek. Criston froze, she was the princess but Davina's head tipped back and a laugh escaped her lips. "Delicious." Benny told her.

~

"You licked the princess?" Katie said completely appalled.

"I did. In more places than one." Benny agreed. "She was quite fond of my tongue. You could be too." Benny offered.

"I prefer my men living." Katie countered. "And this man." She leaned into Benjen. "I'm keeping him forever when we got out of here."

"Oh are you?" Dean questioned.

"Yes." Katie told him before looking to Benjen. "That's alright, right?" Katie mused kissing him.

"I would like that." Benjen agreed.

"I'll be your summer sun forever, in this forever winter we walk."