14. We Move On

Labyrinth // Rhaenyra Targaryen out now!

&

Snow on the beach // Tyrion Lannister out now!

'Don't stand so still it's hard to hit a moving target' Jon said trying to bond with his brothers 'Except for you.' he motioned to pip, 'you move too much,' he saw Tyrion watching him from the doorway above, 'you pull your sword out, jump around and you do all the work for me.' jon informed him.

'How many winters have you seen Lord Tyrion?'

'Eight no nine' he said.

'All of them brief?' The maester questioned.

'No, the winter of my birth was three years long Maester Aemond.' Tyrion informed him. Mother was a mess those three winters trying to adjust to drinking blood when all the animals hid for the winter, he was glad he didn't remember that time, apparently she had to get inventive.

'This summer has lasted nine but word from the citadel tells us that the summer grow shorter... winter is coming. This one will be long and dark, things will come with it.' Maester aemond told them.

'We've been capturing Wildlings more every month they are fleeing south the ones who we find say they have seen the white walkers.'

'And the fisherman of Lannister port say they see mermaids' Tyrion told them humorously.

'The night watch is the only thing standing between the realm and what lays beyond and it has become an army of undisciplined boys and tired old men' maester aemond told Tyrion. 'There are less than 1000 of us now,' he went on 'we cannot manage the other castles beyond the wall, we cannot properly patrol the wildlings, we barely have enough led to keep our men armed and fed.'

'Your sister sits by the side of the king. Tell her we need help' he requested 'When winter does come, God's help us all if we are not ready.' Aemond told Tyrion.

+

'I'm sorry to see you leave' Jon said as Tyrion finished pissing off the edge of the wall

'It's either me or this cold and it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.' Tyrion told him.

'Will you stop at Winterfell on your way south?'

'I suppose I will gods know there are not many featherbeds between here and Kings Landing.' Tyrion reminded him

'If you see my brother Bran tell him I miss him tell him I'd visit if I could.' Jon requested

'Of course' Tyrion said.

'He may never walk again' Jon informed him

'If you're going to be a cripple it's better to be a rich cripple. Take care snow' Tyrion said walking past.

+

'Until tomorrow my Lord' Pysall said heading out after a small council meeting

'I've been meaning to talk to you about Lord Arryn.' Ned said bringing him to a halt.

'Lord Aaron? His death was a great sadness to all of us I took personal charge of his care but I could not save him. His sickness struck him very hard and very fast,' he noted 'I saw him in my chambers just the night before he passed.' Ned nodded thinking that through. 'Lord John often came to me for my council,' Pycelle told him

'Why?' Ned asked

'I have been grandmaster for many years. Kings and hands I've often come to me for advice.' Pycelle informed him.

'What did he want?' Ned pushed

'He came in inquiring after a book.'

'A book?' Ned questioned 'what book?'