Part 13

(Paul POV)

Three weeks later

Paul watched you as you slept peacefully in the bed the two of you shared. The two of you had struggled to find a solid routine with the new baby and a toddler running around each week, and neither of you were catching much sleep because of it. The guitarist looked down at your hand, seeing the beautiful diamond engagement ring sitting perfectly on your finger and felt his stomach drop. You had asked him to give you a little more time before the two of you got married and he knew half of it had to do with your mother's invitation to come home to Oklahoma with her. You had made both her and Michael leave on the first flight available, but the singer knew they took a piece of you with them.

"Are you watching me sleep?" You asked

"No, I was thinking about our wedding day and when you are going to actually set a date," Paul asked

"Babe, no, right now the only thing I'm trying to focus on is sleep and my trip back home for a couple of weeks before you leave." You replied, sitting up in bed.

"Wait, you are actually planning on leaving?" Paul asked

"Arent you going to come too?" you replied

The singer ran a finger through his hair and down the growing a beard on his face. The thought of spending two weeks with your mother made his stomach turn, but he knew it would make you happy and that was what he cared about the most. He pulled you over to his chest and kissed the top of your head before letting out a heavy sigh. You looked up at him with a huge grin on your face before slamming your lips against his, taking him by surprise. Paul held you close to his body and deepen the kiss for a moment as the baby began to cry from her bedroom, making the two of you groan. Paul jumped out of bed and walked down the hall, checking on Evan to make sure he was still sleeping before he tiptoed his way down the hall to Amelya's nursery.

"Hey little girl, what are you doing awake? We just put you down an hour ago?" Paul said as he reached into the crib and scooped up the baby into his muscular arms..

He looked down at his little girl and felt his heart swell as he smiled down at her. Amelya reached up and grabbed Paul's finger, giving him a toothless grin. Paul looked at his daughter's green eyes and then kissed her nose before taking a seat in the rocker. You walked in with a bottle for the baby and handed it to the singer, before taking your spot beside the chair, looking down at the little girl the two of you had created together.

"I love you Paul, thank you for the greatest birthday gift ever," You whispered

"I love you too Y/N, how about we get married while we are in Oklahoma next week? We can do it quick with the justice of peace, and then come home and have a big party with our friends here." Paul said as he rocked back and forth.

"You would be happy with a quickie?" You asked

"I'm always happy with a quickie. How long have we known each other for?" paul said with a grin.

"Shut up," You said with a laugh and then kissed his cheek.

"Just promise me you will think about it, okay?" He said as he looked down at his daughter falling asleep in his arms.

"I promise," You replied before taking the baby from his arms and laying her down in the crib

You took paul's hand and led him back into the bedroom, pulling him down into bed before wrapping yourself around him. He let out a chuckle and wrapped his arms tightly around you, feeling the sleep pulling at his eyelids. Soon, the room filled with light snores and heavy breathing as the two of you peacefully fell asleep in each other's arms.