Part 10

(Reader POV)

Tears streamed down your face as you listened to your best friend tell you about your mom's illness and what trouble she had dealt with since you had last seen her. Paul held you close to him, as he kissed the side of your face and ran his hand down your arm. Little Evan cried from upstairs, making the singer growl under his breath before he stood up from the couch and ran up the stairs to your stepson. You wiped the tears away and reached for Michael's hand, seeing the tears in his eyes.

"Cancer, I can't believe three years after losing dad, mom is battling the same thing. Have you talked to my brother, Jake?" You asked.

"He is in jail Y/N for ten years. That fight at the hospital sent him away. Jake's parole officer is done playing around with the boy. How do you feel about your mother coming for your thirtieth birthday and wedding day? Does she even know about Amelya?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, I called her a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant. I didn't even know I was having a girl yet. Now I'm at 8 months and still trying to protect my step son and biological daughter from the insanity that is my family. I'm happy that she is coming, but I know I shouldn't hold my hope high because she always ruins everything." You replied.

"Are you going to go back home with us?" Michael asked, before looking up stairs

"No, Mike, I'm not going back home with you guys. I'm getting married to my soulmate tomorrow and having our daughter the following month. Why would I put things in jeopardy for a woman that never gave a damn about me? Is that why you came here? To talk me into leaving Paul?" You snapped.

"Y/N, you made a promise. That is all I'm saying. You promised your father you would take care of your mother no matter what, and you turned your back on her." Mike replied.

"If you can't support my marriage, then get out of this house and take that crazy old bitch back with you to Oklahoma with you. You and Melissa can take care of her for all I care. I am washing my hands with all of you." You said.

You stood up from the couch and put your hand on your belly, feeling an odd pulling sensation in your stomach. Michael grabbed your arm and pulled you to a stop as you passed the front of his chair, making your blood boil. Paul and Eric came walking down the steps as Mike grabbed your face, making you looking at him before he spoke again. You attempted to push him back when you felt water dripping down your legs, making you panic and reach for the singer as the contractions started. Paul wrapped his arms around your waist and lead you back to the chair, looking at you with a pale face.

"Baby, I know you are only eight months pregnant and tomorrow is our wedding, but your water just broke. We need to get you to the hospital. Eric, can you stay here with Evan until I get her settled there?" Paul asked

"Yeah man, go take care of your girls. Ill monitor Evan. I'm sure he's going to be asleep for the rest of the night." Eric replied.

"Ill go with the two of you," Michael said

"No, you won't. You will do what my wife said and take your ass back to your hotel, then leave tomorrow. You are not welcome around us anymore. Your drama just sent my girl into premature labor. Now get the hell out of my sight," The guitarist replied.

"OH MY GOD IT HURTS SO BAD," You screamed

"Baby, take my hand, and breath with me. We are going to go to the hospital," The singer replied, taking your hand.

The two of you rushed out of the house toward Paul's car with the anxiety power washing over both of you. You sat in the chair and prayed quietly as the guitarist jumped into the driver's seat and peeled out of the driveway, racing toward the closest hospital that could take care of both of his girl. You tried to breathe through the pain and not focus on the conversation with your best friend about your mother not wanting a beautiful moment to be ruined by an ugly seed.