Part 12

(Reader POV)

Three days later

You woke up in your hospital room to find your mother standing next to Paul's chair as he held your daughter. The two of them smiling down at the little girl and whispering back and forth with one another, bringing a tear to your eyes. You cleared your throat, making both of them turn slightly and smile at you. Paul stood up and grabbed your mother's hand, leading her over to the bed as you held your arms open to her. She hugged you quickly and sobbed into your shoulder as you held her in your arms.

"It's okay, momma, it's good to see you," you whispered

"Amelya is so beautiful. You did such a good job," she sobbed

"She looks just like Paul, thank god," you replied

"No, babe, she's a stunner like you," Paul said as he held the baby out to you

You smiled down at your daughter as she looked up at you with the same emerald green eyes as yours. She grabbed your finger and held it as the little girl flashed a toothless smile at you. Paul kissed your forehead before stepping out of the room, leaving you alone for the first time in months with your mother. She took a seat in the chair beside the bed as you held your baby girl in your arms, the two of you unsure of what to say to one another .

"Y/N, I can't believe you are a momma now. You did such a wonderful job, but you are going to need help with her. Paul was saying he's going to be on the road for a couple of months and you can't raise the baby plus a toddler." She replied

"Mom, I won't have Evan. He will stay with his mother while Paul is away on tour. We will be fine," you said, standing up from the bed and putting the baby in the cradle.

"Why don't you just come home with me? You know I'm sick now and Jake is gone. It can be like old times," your mother said

You let out a chuckle and turned to face the woman that had caused you so much pain and sorrow for most of your life. Her hair was thinning and patches of gray showed through the black. Bruises lined her arms from where you assumed the chemo lines had gone into her veins. Climbing back into bed, your head spun with so many thoughts about the wedding, Paul and your mother. You loved the guitarist and daughter with all your heart, but you knew your mom needed your help during this last phase of her life.

"So what do you say? Call the wedding off for now and come home with me for a year?" She asked

"A year? You want me to leave my daughter's father for the first year of her life? Have you lost your fucking mind?" You yelled

The door swung open, and you saw Paul and Evan walk in. You looked from them to your mother, feeling the anger coursing through your veins at the selfish request. Evan held his arms out for you to take him and you quickly snatched him up, kissing the side of his face as you and Paul held eye contact with each other for a moment and the singer let out a sigh.

"Is everything okay?" He asked

"Get her the fuck out of here," you hissed