63

Luo Mingchuan felt that if he fell off the cliff, he wouldn't be able to live no matter what.

And all of this was too real. The aching heart meridian, the loss of blood, the freezing body, and the biting cold wind, it didn't seem like they were in a dream at all.

The world said that the Meteor Abyss was a place where even light could not penetrate, a warning left by the Heavenly Dao after the Heavenly Tribulation.

Perhaps only those who stood at the top of the world knew what lay below the abyss.

But he found himself still alive.

It was just that he could no longer feel any pain from his body.

His soul did not dissipate. It remained within his body.

However, he was just like an outsider. He looked at the dark abyss, where wisps of death qi gathered and started to devour his body.

He knew that there was a monster that could devour flesh and blood in this world.

Unexpectedly, he opened his eyes again.

His pupils were as black as ink, like he was looking at a bottomless pit of stars.

There was not a shred of human emotion.

Luo Mingchuan suddenly felt a chill at the bottom of his heart.

Instinct told him that he absolutely did not want to see what happened next.

As expected, his body stood up.

Then he opened his mouth and ate the monsters.

He continued to devour it, his indifferent expression turning into one of satiation. It was as if he had been starving for hundreds of thousands of years and finally managed to eat food that suited his heart.

This body was no longer human.

As he walked, more and more monsters gathered around him. Some of them had awoken and were crawling at his feet.

After eating his fill he gave the extra energy to the monsters.

There were no days or nights in the Pit of Falling Stars. It was unknown how much time had passed.

With a wave of his sleeves, he started a fierce gale. His body flew upwards on the wind, bringing countless monsters with him out of the abyss.

And at the edge of the cliff, there were thousands of demonic cultivators waiting.

The setting sun was like blood, dancing in the westerly wind as it reflected the different flags on the palace emblem.

In the distance, there was no end to the black mass.

He stood in front of ten thousand people.

The sun and stars were hidden bright, the mountains were hidden, and the twelve palaces of the Devil Dao were all subservient to this.

The crowd kneeled down in turn like a tidal wave and split the grand path for him to pass through. The sound of their voices resonated through the surrounding fields.

"We welcome the return of our Lord —"

At this time, Luo Mingchuan finally realized that the scariest thing was not whether his junior apprentice brother didn't believe him.

It was that he was a devil himself.

Grinding one's teeth and sucking blood, killing as if one's life depended on it.

To bring destruction and sin into the world.

Endless despair overwhelmed him.

When he opened his eyes again, he was standing in front of a huge mirror.