15

Chapter 15: Seeing Them Off

Waves of people rushed over from all directions.

In addition, every one of them held a sword in their hands.

Without exposing his inner thoughts, Yin BiYue observed the companions by his side. However, those two acted like they didn't see this scene at all, and their paces were as steady as it had been before. Duan ChongXuan even looked a bit excited.

By the time they were about a zhang1away from the self-study hall, the Cang Ya disciples here had already formed a dense sea of people.

Yin BiYue's heart sunk.

As the three of them approached, these disciples spontaneously retreated to the sides of the road, clearing the main road for only them to pass through.

The gazes everyone used to look at them were focused and passionate, but nobody spoke up. The scene was quiet enough that one could hear the sound of everyone breathing.

Yin BiYue already adjusted his pace to one that would be the most suitable for unsheathing his sword. In fact, in his heart, he had already calculated more than three ways of breaking through someone's line of defense should they be surrounded.

However, he didn't think he would have more than fifty-percent of success, because there was truly too much people. He didn't even know if there were experts in this crowd that were just concealing their aura.

At this moment, someone in the crowd raised their sword. In a loud voice, he yelled, "Martial Uncle Yin! Victory at the Flower Picking Festival is certain!"

Suddenly startled, Yin BiYue followed the sound of the voice. This......wasn't this one of the little disciples that had escorted him to his public trial?

......He had been the one influenced by the Halo too.

There wasn't time for him to ponder about this more, because very quickly, other shouts began continuously echoing into the air. They were like a tide as they bubbled forward in quick succession.

"Martial Uncle Luo! Seize victory at Zhong Ming Mountain! ——"

"Senior-apprentice brother Yin, be ever-victorious! ——"

"Senior-apprentice brother Luo is invincible! ——"

"Senior-apprentice brother Yin's swordplay is number one! ——"

Although the seniority of the disciples within the crowd on both sides of the road were different and thus they addressed them differently as well, all of them raised the sword in their hands and did their best to wave them. From far away, it appeared to be a flowing sea of swords.

Duan ChongXuan sighed with feeling, "This is the first time I've enjoyed the 'Farewell with Swords' treatment."

Yin BiYue kept feeling as if something he wasn't aware of had occurred.

His intuition was correct.

"Martial Uncle Yin is a good person! If you had really met him before, then you wouldn't be misled by the rumours!"

If Cheng Xi had been the only one saying this, then it naturally wouldn't create and ripples or waves.

However, that day, there had been four disciples who escorted Yin BiYue.

In Cang Ya's gossip circles, three people could create a tiger2, while four people were enough to melt gold3.

They had always believed that there was something unusual between Luo MingChuan and Yin BiYue, but they definitely weren't enemies. And contrary to expectations, the one with a guilty conscience was Luo MingChuan.