50

Chapter 50 – Flower Picking

At dusk the trickle of people coming down the mountain began, clad in robes with their hems stained with frost, and green lotus leaf in hand. When their fellow disciples saw them, they would burst out in cheers and walk back arm in arm.

He Yanyun descended a little late. In the afterglow of the setting sun, Ruan Xiaolian spotted her at a glance.

Not because her movement was elegant, her downhill descent graceful, but because... her lotus leaf was truly too big.

The largest leaf anyone else has brought down was as big as a plate, or a fan- but He Yanyun, hers covered half of her entire body.

As she left the mountain path, everyone who saw her gave her sidelong glances. But because she was a young girl, doing something like this would only make people feel that she was cute and lovable.

Ruan Xiaolian rushed up to meet her, and swept her eyes along the length of the leaf, "This... is enough for many portions."

He Yanyun proudly said, "Of course, I picked the biggest one."

Ruan Xiaolian smiled, "We can also call Duiyan over to eat."

The people next to them grew more and more confused as they listened, completely not understanding what they were talking about.

The thousand leafed lotus only bloomed at midnight. According to the experience of the people prior, picking it too early or too late would cause a loss in the quality of the medicinal effects.

Yin-shixiong is going flower picking, Luo-shixiong will undoubtedly accompany him. This is something that the Cang Ya disciples collectively recognized.

Thus they didn't wait at the foot of the mountain for Luo Mingchuan to descend, and all headed back with wonderful expectations and blessings.

The moon was clear and the stars scattered. Chongming Mountain was encased within cloud and mist and the thick cover of night, indiscernible to the eye.

There no longer existed the sea of people that gathered at the mountain in the light of day, only leaving peace and silence behind.

The wind blowing through the mountains at night was cold and damp. Yin Biyue watched the countless lotus leaves, layer upon layer, swaying and dancing like surging jade waves in the sea as the wind blew by. It was hard to imagine that there would be a lake on this mountain.

Bitingly cold winds swirled. Between the moments as he raised his gaze, the Heavens and Earth spread endlessly before him, as if the brilliant moon above the Ninth Heaven was within reach.

Standing here, he should have felt the lonesomeness of the pinnacle.

But because there was someone beside him, this frigid night also became warm.

Yin Biyue was momentarily dazed.

This kind of warmth, throughout his long career as a transmigrating villain, was something he never experienced before. But he didn't know when it began, but it has already become familiar.

He lightly parted his lips, voice drifting in the air, "Luo-shixiong..."

Luo Mingchuan didn't ask what was wrong, and instead also attentively met his gaze, returning, "Yin-shidi."

His gaze was focused, moonbeams seemingly flowing through his eyes.

Yin Biyue's heart suddenly trembled.

He subconsciously turned his head to look at the lake and lotus leaves. As his eyes landed on the lake, in its center he saw faint glimmers of speckled night, like leaping lights of fireflies- fragments of shattered stars, unceasingly igniting and extinguishing. An instant of withering glory, beautiful yet fleeting.