60

Chapter 60 – [Fall]

In ancient times, when human beings were still slowly fumbling about for cultivation methods and combating the harsh natural environment and dangerous beasts, the mainland was dominated by those strange beasts of various races.

Their lives are long, with inherent racial powers, and flesh and bones of steel.

But in contrast, their minds are still undeveloped, and even those strange beasts whose abilities have reached the Greater Vessel stage have the minds of human children.

But when weak but intelligent humans learn to cultivate, they also learn how to defeat monsters and make use of them. The domineering status of the beasts on the continent was gradually replaced by cultivators, and gradually diminished further. During the period of Heavenly Tribulation, because they did not know to fend off calamities and avoid disasters, many whole clans were completely destroyed.

At the end of the age of abundant spiritual energy, and with the changing environment, only a few strange beasts survived under the nourishment of cultivators.

Such is the case with the four blue-winged luan in the Northern Palace.

They entered a contract with the founding emperor of the Northern Dynasty to protect every monarch.

Duan Chongxuan is not yet a sovereign, and Luan Er has no contract binding it.

But Luan Er is his friend.

Within the confines of the deep palace, the huge yet docile blue-winged luan accompanies the fragile children through their days, good and bad.

So at this moment, Duan Chongxuan didn't care to answer Wang Xi's question. Instead, he looked at the more than a dozen chains rising into the darkened sky and shouted, "Don't worry about me, run!—"

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

The chains were coated with a silver shimmer, like debris scattered from shattered stars. This is because it is engraved with runes and is soaked in poison, which is specially used to deal with these steel-skinned beasts.

Even with the bondage of contracts, humans still don't believe in these strange beasts, and have all kinds of back up plans to guard against them.

Luan Er heard what he said, its body swelled rapidly, wings flapping with ferocity, and the wind roared. The group of soldiers that surged forth to confront Luan Er directly fell to the ground spitting blood, or were thrown into the water by struggling claws.

But it was too late. Over a hundred people were sent to their deaths; such a huge price, the purpose was only to act as a distraction. In the blink of an eye the array was complete, ten chains were tightly wound around the cyan feathers, searing into them blackened marks.

The blue-winged luan was in pain, raised its neck and let out a mournful and unwilling cry, and was pulled from the air onto the ship. The entire hull shook violently as if in a storm, but quickly stabilized.

It breathed a breath of clouds, and the flames burned the night sky, but the chains around its neck was like a giant hand that strangled its throat, forcibly cutting off its flame.

Duan Chongxuan was confused for an instant, and roared, "Don't move!—"

The more it struggled the tighter the Flowing Light Chain became, and the greater the damage suffered.

Luan Er really stopped struggling, lying on the board of the ship full of blood and corpses, its eyes were red, like billows of fire.

More than a dozen of the elite palace guards did not dare to be careless, tightly holding one end of the Flowing Light Chain, and vigilantly surrounding it.