Meanwhile, Coco is still being dragged back into the forest until the chain makes her collide with the trunk of a tree. She shakes it off until she realizes her sunglasses are lying shattered on the ground.

Coco: (glaring angrily as she looks around) I take it back; I don't like her.

Just as she says this, a green shot rapidly comes at Coco, which she barely manages to jump back from as more come down on her from Emerald's position up in a tree above her. Coco unleashes her Gatling gun again and shoots high in the branches, but Emerald jumps around, using Thief's Respite to fire back and change them to sickle form so she can swing from each tree until she suddenly vanishes behind one of them.

Coco: (looking around for her lost opponent) Damn!

Yatsuhashi: (coming up from behind her, hand on his sword's hilt) Coco!

Coco: (calling back to him as she continues to glance around) Watch out, she's in the trees!

Port: (as a buzzer sounds around the arena, Coco looking up to see the footage of his coverage) Oh, and with that final blow, Yatsuhashi is eliminated!

Coco: (eyes widening in shock) What!?

She looks behind her, only to see no one there. Her hand is shaking on the handle of her gun, and she doesn't even see the blur between the trees moving in for the kill.

Coco: Damn!

Little does she know that Emerald is rising up from behind her, blades raised, turning around a second too late. The weapon descends with a ringing gunshot, and Coco is seen flying out of the forest, landing all the way in the center of the stadium next to Yatsuhashi, also knocked unconscious. Emerald swings her sickles by their chains as Mercury looks over their defeated opponents.

Oobleck: (in the announcer's spot with Port) And with an amazing upset, Emerald and Mercury are victorious!

Velvet: (hand over her mouth as Fox shakes his head) Coco?

Fox places a reassuring hand on Velvet's shoulder as Ruby looks into the stadium at her "friends", no one noticing the smiling Cinder Fall behind them, getting up from her seat and walking away amid the combined cheers and boos from the crowds.

In an elegant twilit pavilion area of ivy-covered pillars, rounded archways, and lion-decorated fountains, Weiss Schnee and her elder sister Winter are sitting at a simple table with a plate full of croissants and strawberries. Winter is sipping from her teacup as Weiss repeats the news she was just told.

Weiss: You're... leaving?

Winter: (setting her cup down) Yes. I was merely needed to oversee the transport of additional units to Vale. Our last shipment was lost to an ambush. I believe you had a run-in with its cargo, actually. It's fortunate those Paladins were in the prototype stage; otherwise your team may not have fared so well. (as Weiss sighs and looks down dejectedly, she grabs her sister's hand reassuringly) Weiss, you've done... well, out here, on your own. You should be proud. I'll be honest, it was quite amusing seeing Father's face the day you left for Beacon!

Weiss: (straightening up and smiling now, arms crossed) I can't wait to show him what I learned!

Winter: Oh? Then what do you think you've learned?

Weiss: (not directly looking at her sister) What do you mean? I'm getting better and better with my glyphs! I've even started Time Dilation!

Winter: (staring intently at her sibling) And what of your Summoning?

Weiss: I... (sighs and looks away) You know I can't.

Winter: Don't be ridiculous. Every Schnee has the ability to summon. We have for generations.