eight | lovecraft

After sitting down in front of disheveled Oswald Cobblepot, Carmine Falcone asked him, "How did Maroni know where my money was?"

In turn, Oswald said to him, "Wha... Well, that's a very good question. Not to criticize, but you could have just called me."

When Carmine only stared at him, the smile soon enough fell from Oswald's face, just before Carmine said to him, "I'm going to ask you once more. How did Maroni know where I kept my money? No one knew."

It was then that Oswald said to him, "The robbery at the armory. That wasn't Maroni."

With a shake of his head, Carmine said to him, "I thought we were friends. We had an understanding. You tell me every move Maroni makes, including any time that he lets Miss Mikaelson off of her leash and allows her to go around killing whoever she wants, along with the times in which he sends her to keep a close eye on anyone that has caught his interest." When Oswald only responded with a mere shake of his head, Carmine asked him, "What happened? When did you turn on me?"

With a shake of his own head, Oswald replied, "Never, Don Falcone. I swear, never. Maroni had nothing to do with the armory job. I would know. I would have told you." When Carmine only stared at him, Oswald said to him, "And it wasn't Annabelle, either. If it was her, well, I imagine that the robbery would've been a lot messier than it had to have been. Because knowing her– from the time in which I've seen her do all kinds of things– Annabelle Mikaelson isn't one to do things quietly, as I'm sure that you know."

In turn, Carmine asked him, "Who was it if not Maroni or even Miss Mikaelson herself? And how did they know about my money?"

It was then that the door to the room had opened, which revealed Liza walking into the room with a tray in hand, only for Liza to come to a halt when she saw that Oswald was sitting inside of the room with Carmine.

While both men stared at Liza from where they sat in their respective chairs, Carmine said to her, "Thank you, Liza. Won't be long."

As she started to turn her back on the two men, Liza said, "I'll come back."

As soon as the door to the room had been closed, Carmine turned his attention back over towards Oswald and said to him, "I asked you a question."

After quickly turning his attention back over towards Carmine, Oswald told him, "Oh, you have a mole, obviously. Which is not Maroni's forte, is it? No, this is someone else. Someone artful. Someone close to you."

With a nod of his head, Carmine said to him, "I know who you're going to name. But your hatred of Fish makes me doubt anything you say against her."

In turn, Oswald said to him, "With respect... I don't understand why you still tolerate her existence. She has proved her disloyalty a hundred times. She wants your head."

As he leaned back into his chair, Carmine replied, "Like half the people who work for me. Fish makes me a lot of money. I can handle Fish Mooney, or whatever son of a bitch did this to me. Tell me how to find the mole."