two | arkham

While Salvatore Maroni and his men went to sit down at a table, Salvatore told the manager of the restaurant, "Today is a day of celebration

While Salvatore Maroni and his men went to sit down at a table, Salvatore told the manager of the restaurant, "Today is a day of celebration. A very lucrative deal is coming my way. Land, my friend." While some more of his men started to carry duffel bags into the restaurant, Salvatore said to him, "Land. That's where the big money is, huh?"

While Salvatore turned his head to stare after the men that were carrying the duffel bags full of money towards the kitchen, Annabelle watched with narrowed eyes as Paolo stepped out of the way of the men and turned his head to watch the men before looking back in the direction of the table that Salvatore and his men were sitting at, only to stop when he saw that Annabelle Mikaelson was staring right at him with her head slightly tilted to the side.

In response to seeing her stare directly at him, Paolo's eyes had widened for a fraction of a second before he quickly looked away from her and went back to cleaning the dishes that were in the kitchen.

* * *

The moment that Annabelle had heard the sound of an all too familiar chuckle, Annabelle simply closed her eyes with a scowl on her face as she listened to the sound of a single pair of approaching footsteps headed in her direction.

She knew all too well just who was walking in her direction, and it wasn't just because she could hear the clicking of the person's gun as they– no doubt– pointed their gun in her direction.

And it was because of her knowledge of just who was the one that was walking in her direction with a gun in hand that she asked with a sigh, "What the hell do you want from me, Zsasz?"

With a scoff, Victor Zsasz replied, "What makes you think that I want anything from you, Mikaelson?"

After letting out yet another sigh, she slowly turned around and opened her eyes to see that Victor was now standing in front of her with a single gun pointed directly at her, which got her to simply raise an eyebrow at him as she asked him, "Do you mean, other than the fact of you just standing there and pointing a gun in my face?"

After letting out yet another scoff, Victor said to her, "Get over yourself, Mikaelson. I'm not here for you."

With a slight tilt of her head, she said to him, "Well, then I suppose that that's fortunate for Falcone, then. Because if you were here for me, then I'm afraid that that boss of yours would find himself short of a hitman, wouldn't he? And unfortunately for him, there aren't many hitmen in the city of Gotham that can actually take care of themselves, are there?"

After a moment of silently eyeing her with narrowed eyes, Victor asked her, "What the hell are you doing out here, Mikaelson?"

Annabelle replied, "I could ask the same thing about you, Zsasz. What is the Victor Zsasz doing out on Don Maroni's side of the city with no little assassins to help him? Hmm?" When he only blankly stared at her, she said to him, "Oh, don't tell me. Those little assassins of yours turned their backs on you and have left you to be the only real source of terror in Falcone's little family, didn't they?"