six | the mask

After watching a box be slid over towards her, Fish looked up at Oswald and said to him, "You shouldn't have

After watching a box be slid over towards her, Fish looked up at Oswald and said to him, "You shouldn't have."

Oswald told her, "I wanted to make a gesture. I hope, in time, we can be friends."

In turn, Fish said to him, "Friends? Hmm." After turning her head to look back over at him, she said to him, "Sure. Why not? What's done is done."

With a sigh, Oswald said to her, "I'm so glad you feel that way. Don Maroni wants us to clarify terms."

With a shake of her head, Fish replied, "Well, it's business as usual. Maroni still has his drugs, his unions. He pays tariff for the ports. If he needs favors from the cops or the mayor, Don Falcone will consider it. And, of course, the families still share Arkham."

Then Oswald said to her, "And there is to be no blood spilled on either side. Not a drop."

With a slight tilt of her head, Fish said, "Hmm... Maybe just a drop." After watching Oswald let out a laugh and wag a finger with a mere click of his tongue, Fish said to him, "Look at you."

Then she slightly turned her head some more as she asked, "Timothy, do you know this fellow used to have your job? Carried my umbrella and thought it an honor. Now look at him. Has a seat at the table."

With a nod of his head, Oswald asked her, "Things change, eh? I've been blessed."

It was then that Fish said to him, "Perhaps I should open your gift."

Then she slid the box towards herself and opened it before she let out a gasp.

As she angled the box more towards herself, Fish said, "My goodness." After sliding a needle out of the brooch, she said, "That is beautiful. Now I feel awful. I didn't get you anything."

With a shake of his head, Oswald said to her, "No."

After leaning forward in her chair, Fish said to him, "Thank you."

It was only when Oswald had started to smile at her that she shoved the needle into the back of Oswald's hand, which got one of the men that was standing behind him to take a step forward, only to stop when Oswald had quickly raised a hand, just before Fish had taken the needle back out of his hand and licked his blood off of the tip of the needle.

After pulling the needle out of her mouth, Fish said, "Hmm. Sweet."

Oswald said to her, "That was uncalled for."

Fish replied, "I brought you into my family and I treated you like a son! And you betrayed me."

Oswald retorted, "For which I suffered."

In turn, Fish said to him, "Not enough. When I order some fool killed, I expect him to stay that way."

Oswald told her, "Your boss, Don Falcone, expressly said..."